Friday, February 5, 2016

The Late Late Show with James Corden...

My friend Jody got tickets to the Live Taping of The Late, Late Show with James Corden.  Her actual main reason for doing this was to try to win tickets to see The Talking Dead.  She invited me because I'm the one she would take to The Talking Dead since I'm also a huge Walking Dead fan.  I've never been to one of these things.  She's been to a bunch.  I was told we'd have to stand in line for a while but people are usually pretty cool to talk to.



We decided to make a bit of a day of it since it was in LA.  Jody is in a bit of dire straights so I told her I would treat her to the day. (Forgot how pricy everything is.  Piss off LA)  We had to park at The Grove so we figured we'd just eat somewhere there.  We sailed up rather quickly but of course LA traffic and the way people drive up there is ridiculous.  Let me also say here - I am not a fan of LA.  I really really really dislike this city.  We had a lovely day, but many things reminded me of why LA sucks.  First of all of course the traffic.  Then we had a bit of a battle in the parking structure because no one wants to park far apparently.  My GAWD.  People are lazy.

Anywoo - we parked and decided to eat at La Piazza.  It was quite delicious but super expensive.  Sadly I paid for what I ate/drank the next day that landed me home sick in bed.  Ugh.  I don't want to say food poisoning but I'm not sure.  I may just not be able to enjoy food/drink like I'd prefer.  Anyway - we had an absolutely adorable waiter.  Jody told him such at one point almost causing my wine to come out my nose.  We shared a Brushetta app that was awesome!  She then got a salmon penne pasta that I got a bite of - delish!  Myself ordered Linguine Vongole.  I love me some clams!  It was pretty good as well!  The highlight of course was the chocolate souffle cake we got for dessert. Oh. My. God.  So fucking good!  She enjoyed some margaritas, myself of course wine.  All wonderful.

So good!


This was the wall in the bathroom!  It looked like wallpaper but was actually the wall textured!  So cool!

After our yummy late lunch we rushed over to the show, just in time to get in line.  We didn't actually wait too long but mom was wrong - people in line were not nice.  They were all either weird tourists, wanabe actors or dicks.

Waiting in line
Basically my attitude to all the jackasses we were surrounded by


Whatever.  We moved in, they checked our bags, made us sign a "It's ok I'm on TV" form and sat us down in a little holding area.  I was trying to smile or make convo with people but everyone had their nose in their phone or were just rude.  Oh well.  Got me some M&M's and waited.  We were then led up a bunch of flights of stairs and to our seats.

Cattle Call


Now - these live tapings - I get that there's a dude that tries to get your energy up, and tells you when to applause, etc.  But look...if you're not funny...I'm not going to laugh.  This guy got on my nerves a bit.  In fact, at one point we were to have our hands clapping up in the air.  Some gal didn't have her arms up high enough in the front row and he totally pushed her hands up!  I was like WTF?! We 1st watched something James Corden was doing on the roof by throwing footballs and football cakes at people down below.  Pretty funny actually!  I was hoping we'd get cake, but alas no.  They then introduced the house band which is headed up by Reggie Watts.  I'm actually familiar with this guy!  He was a hoot.

Then we were to get all riled up for James Corden's entrance.  He was quite funny and I enjoyed his show for sure, but seriously dude yelling at us to cheer - SHAT UP.  He then brought out 2 of the 3 guests.  One of them was a gal I didn't recognize but I guess she's a comedian - Nikki Glaser.  The other was Rosie O'Donnel.  Hey I know her!!  They chatted about some random things (I couldn't hear half the time because we were to be cheering).  The last guest was a little gal that apparently won a Master Chef Junior show.  Jody flipped out.  She's a fan.  Her name was Addison and she cooked up a Steak Diane.  Again - where's our share!?  Ha ha!  She was adorable.

What I most enjoyed about the show was the in between stuff.  Watching the makeup people come running out and powder people's noses, the hair people fluff the guests hair, stage managers running around, etc.  I loved that!  It was also funny watching the people really excited thinking they were going to be on TV and trying so damn hard to be seen when the camera would swing by us.  James Corden was quite funny and I did actually know who he was when I looked him up. (I wasn't sure when Jo first mentioned the show).  He's a kick.  It was fun for sure but not something I'd clamor to do again.

Afterwards we sat out for the drawing for The Talking Dead and didn't win.  Bummer.  Then we walked around, did some shopping at World Market and checked out the permanent Farmers Market which was actually really cool!

Cool statue at The Grove


As I paid my $25 dollars to park (another fuck you LA moment) we headed out.

All it all it was a fun day for sure.  I am surprised though how rude people are in LA.  No one was friendly it seemed.  I don't mind visiting LA, but I like my little friendly Orange thank you very much!


No comments: