Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Cupid Undie Run...

A friend of mine I used to work with knows I'm usually up to do weird random adventures, so he asked me to join his team "Bums on the Run" for the Cupid Undie Run!

The Undie Run supports the Children's Tumor Foundation.  This is a really wonderful organization that supports research and treatments for the NF Cancer found mainly in littles.  If I do this again I will definitely try to fund raise a bit more. I honestly signed up and didn't pay a whole lot of attention until the last week or so.  I did post a few times on FB and got some donations from some very sweet awesome generous friends and raised $180!  This got me a pair of sunglasses, undies and socks.  Didn't even realize this until I did it.  Like I said...bad on my part for just sort of signing up and forgetting about it.  Here's what I earned!

I finagled my friend Jill to join me and we all ended up having a blast!!  The team was Jill, myself, Ryan, his adorable boyfriend Robert and their friend Don.  We all got there super early (Check in was at noon) so we had a little brekkie.  Afterewards we hit the parking lot to get body painted and costumed up!

We then of course did our pre-check in selfie!

This greeted us!



After you check in they have a little photo area you can get your picture taken!

My favorite picture!


Cute Pandas!
I was a little self conscious around all the hard bodied individuals but I went shirtless anyway!

As we walked in, I bought a few raffle tickets (didn't win) and for about 2 hours it was pretty much a dance club.  The event took place at the historic Belasco Theater which was awesome.  They had a great DJ who played dance dance music and we just hopped and danced and sweated for 2 hours!  There was a bar and photographers and lots of fun people.


Random Cupid Dude


Pic from LA Weekly

Then it was time to run!

We were all told to head outside where news fans were waiting! Ha ha!

They got us pumped up as we gathered around and we had time to take some more photos.




Then we were off!  We pretty much just ran up the street and back.  I don't even think it was a mile like they said.  Very silly.  Very fun!  It was hot too!  About 80 degrees by the time we ran!  Ha ha!  It was so much fun to see how everyone dressed up!!


Here's our sweaty after shot!

Then it was back in the theater where they announced the highest fundraisers and best teams!  A cover band took the stage and you could party for another 2 hours if you wanted!


Here's a little write up about it from the LA Weekly with some more pictures of the event.  LA Weekly Article

Afterwards we were all starving so we hit up BottleRockLA.  I chose it due to the festival I'm hitting up later in the year and because it was a wine bar!  It was friggin delicious!!!

All in all it was a super fun, super exhausting day!  I made a couple of new friends and Jill and I partied like rockstars!  Would totally do it again!



No comments: