Saturday, March 8, 2014

Another wedding...another craft...

Let's start with the craft.

Mom, D, Keri and I got together and made Rag Wreaths for St. Paddy's Day! I only photographed Me, mom's and D's because Keri scooted out too quickly.
Mom and I stuck with the Rag Wreath and D actually chose one with some burlap and felt flower thingies which also came out really cute!

We got foam wreaths the used ribbon, felt and material.  We also got a few fun little items to stick on as well.  All you do is cut the stuff and tie them tightly onto your wreath.  It's easy but very time consuming.  You want to tie them as close together as you can.  So make sure you do it on a day you are in a patient mood. 

I plan on making more of these in the future!

Mom of course also had an adorable spread!






I also attempted to do a canvas painting for T for her birthday.  I had seen a butterfly version.  It's sort of abstract.  T loves ladybugs so I attempted to make her this.  I didn't like it at 1st, but it grew on me.  It also looks much better in person and T really loved it!



Next up was another wedding!!

This was the wedding of another set of dear friends of mine who can now legally get married!  Alexander and Chris.  Such a beautiful night!


It did not start out well though.  Last weekend we had a nasty storm.  Yes - we had a storm!  Can you believe it!  Anywhoo, Sat March 1st was the big day and the wedding was to start at 6:30.  I left at 4pm thinking that would be plenty of time given the possible rain delays.  It was up in LA.  As I'm sailing along on the 5 freeway, a squall slammed into us.  It was pretty scary.  Lighting, lots of rain and all of us on the freeway driving about 20 miles an hour.  I almost pulled over.  When it did finally let up the 5 came to a complete halt.  I started to freak out a bit because we actually were not moving.  I text T, explaining my situation thinking she was up in LA already.  You see, she was marrying the boys.  Well - she text me back and was stuck in the same mess!  About 20 minutes behind me.  I actually relaxed a little thinking it won't start without her, but this was getting bad.  We crawled about half a mile in an hour.  Supposedly the left 3 lanes were shut down due to flooding.  Ok I thought - we'll eventually get through.  So, I see the lights and the workers and then all of a sudden they are directing us off the freeway going the total wrong way.  The 5 was shut down completely and the street we got off at was as well!  I have never been in a more heartbreaking situation traffic wise!  I had just gone about a mile in almost 2 hours and now I as going back the way I was just sitting in!!!  I panicked and called my brother telling him where I was and if he could get me where I needed to go via alternate routes.  I was worried because I don't know my way around up there at all!  He luckily got me on a direction I needed to go and as I started to actually begin making headway I hear from a very distraught T.  I gave her the same directions Shane gave me and crossed my fingers.  With the exception of one scary move over a divider (I'll leave it at that) I arrived almost an hour late.  I ran into the venue telling the folks that the officiant was about 10 minutes behind me.  Good lord.


Some friends pointed me in the direction of the bar, I got a wine, caught my breath and looked around.  WOW!  It was a stunning location.  It was in a seedy area yes, but this studio was awesome.  The boys got married in a small adjoining room under some fabric and lights and we all stood in a semi circle around them.  The ceremony was short and sweet and we were herded back into the big studio.  They had 2 long tables set up and the décor was very rustic.  Low lights, yummy snacks and good wine.  The dinner was a mix of Persian and Italian and was amazing!!!  Lots of toasts were had then it was pretty much just eating and milling about.  It was so lovely!  Below are some shots:





The ceremony!






 Saw so many people I love!





Awesome garden!  I wish it wasn't wet out there so we could have sat outside!




Table 5



 Toasts!


 The cool sign that Brenda and I played in front of:




Me and the grooms!!





 And finally, this is what I made the boys for a gift.  I'm really enjoying doing handmade gifts lately!


Congrats boys!  Love you so!!




No comments: