Wednesday, November 12, 2008

One more thing...

Ok, I really do need to keep bloggin about this shit, because its not getting to the point of so fucking ridiculous its becoming almost amusing. God love my friends too. T's phone call last nite, M's comment on my facebook - "WTF Universe! Leave Jami alone!". I laughed harder then I've laughed in a while reading that one. NO shit right??!!!
So last night I"m driving home from a day taking care of gramma & papa (Helping them out is going to be stressfull/interesting/and will probably make for some good bloggin later....). I'm on the 55fwy, talking to my mom. I'm tired, stressed...something catches my eye - "CHECK GAGES". I noticed my temp gage is in the red. I of course look about 10 more times to make sure I"m seeing it right. I hang up with mom - and honest to god - I think I had my 1st panic attack.
Little side note - I hate cars. I dont understand them. They scare me. When shit goes wrong with cars I hate it. This is where I admit - I am not independant and very very girly - cars. They are big giant creatures with engines and wires and could blow up or catch fire made of tin, etc etc. Maybe this stems from my 1996 car accident but I HATE CARS. They freak me out.
I'm in the fast lane of course, so I'm starting to panic thinking my car is going to literally catch fire. I hear my dad's voice over and over in my head "Dont ever drive when your car is overheating!!!" (My mom, god love her, drove all the way home once smoking and I guess majorly f-ed up her pinto) I finally get over to the side of the Bristol onramp. I'm shaking, heart racing, stomach hurting.
I call mom. I swear I revert back to child hood sometimes. I'm talking to her as cars are whooshing past me. (Please let them seem my hazards blinking!!!) She tells me to hang up and get the hell off the fwy. I do realize I'm in a very dangerous spot. So I start my car up and drive off the fwy, shaking and praying my car doesnt catch fire. I pull off into the 1st parking lot I can - E*Trade. I hop out my car and smell burning.
I call AAA - they cant fix it or look at it but they'll tow it. Fine. The nice man comes and tows my car home. "Bad Night eh?" he asks. "You dont even know the half of it" I mutter. As we drive to my house in his giant tow truck, my little chevy bouncing behind us. "So what else is happenin with you thats so bad?" He asks. "I got laid off Friday from my job I worked at for 10 years.". "Oh man! I'm so sorry!" We then go into the usual discussion of how shitty our economy is, and how many other people we know that are getting laid off, etc.
He drops my car off, my neighbor comes up to me..."Your battery again!!??" (Side note - about a month ago in the midst of all this job shit, I had a AAA day literally - car dying 3 times, man putting new battery in half of one Saturday, my neighbors of course watching). "No - it overheated". She says she'll drive me around from now on. Ha ha.
I come inside, my stomach reeling. The boy calls, he's sympathetic, T calls totally cheers me up. I feel better, I take a bath, I take a big breath and quietly ask the Universe - "Please, please dont throw me anymore".
So - just had my little baby towed to the Chevy Dealer - lets hope for a cheap fix eh?

No comments: