Friday, September 15, 2023

Artists Way Week 9 (Re-do)...

 Recovering a sense of compassion.

This week doesn't have too many tasks because you're supposed to go back and read through your morning pages and highlight anything that jumps out at you.  That's a damn feat.  Especially when your cursive is as crappy as mine.

I actually read them all!  It was not easy, and I have no idea what I was writing half the time.  But I didn't highlight anything because it was pretty obvious - I want to drink less (That was a big one), I'm sick of having something wrong with me and hate that my workout routine fell off, I prefer night pages to morning pages, I need to re-evaluate some friendships and maybe tackle some things bothering me in my relationship.  Oh and my favorite - I went through 3 pens.  LOL!

I did actually continue to do the pages (which are now night pages for me) even though I was reading through them, so did keep up on that.

The only other task really was some definite goal exploring.  There's a bunch of intensive steps to take (collages, writing, etc)  I didn't get all that into it but I did find myself organizing my very involved current goal.  Justin even mentioned maybe writing a book about my process of the Artists Way.  Hmmmm interesting....

But my goal is what I stated earlier - basically all of it.  Do it all.  Just make it a part of your life.  Here's the list I made and I'm going to keep putting it places so it sticks:

 - Travel more.  Find trips/new places to explore and do them.  Day trips, road trips, weekend getaways, even random adventures.

 - Keep your adventure group going. (Even when it's only you doing things)

 - Photograph more.  Set up photo play days.  Print more photos for cards, books, collages.

 - Blog more. (Loving blogging this process)

 - Write more.  Journaling, writing prompts.

 - Don't be afraid to get onstage.  Small parts.  Readings.  Fun roles.

 - Cook more.  Bake more for friends/family/events.  Stay creative when entertaining.

I even started a separate Road Trip Goal list of places I want to go and will add things as I think of them.  I love this list!  I've actually never been so excited for a "goal".  Just do the things!


 For my Artists Date this week I did one of my favorite things to do with myself - get a pedicure!

So there we have it folks!  Only 3 more weeks to go!  But I'm not stopping there.  Just yesterday I ordered the sequel to this - Walking in this World.

I think the epiphany of realizing I thrive when I have a guide, like this book, really has pushed me to probably enjoy this the most I have yet.  I'm really hoping continuing with the next book will really solidify me getting some great creative routines in my life where I don't have to think about it but rather just do it.

On to week 10!


No comments: