Friday, September 22, 2023

Artists Way Week 10...

I'm going to stop staying Re-Do because this is when I dropped off last time.  I actually dropped off week 9, but tried to get it in still.  Damn the COVIDs.

Week 10 - Recovering a Sense of Self Protection.

This week had a lot of writing tasks.  There was a list of 20 questions - basically checking in if you prioritize work over yourself.  I'm sure this is the case for a lot of people - but for me - HELL NO.  So no problem there.

Then there was some "Awful Truth" questions.  What gets in your way, who does, whose toxic, whose constructive.  There were a few friends that popped up that I have been pulling away from lately and I can see why.  It's a bummer but I suppose it happens in life.

Then there were a few lists I want to list here so I remember:

5 Painful Behaviors:
1 - Low self esteem
2 - Laziness
3 - Quick to anger
4 - Don't let things go
5 - No patience
 
5 Small Victories:
1 - Have had successful "Dry Days"
2 - Kept up with this process
3 - Been blogging more often
4 - Got back in a workout routine
5 - Paying attention to food more
 
3 Nurturing Actions for my Artist:
1 - Walk - not on your phone - just walk
2 - Take more photos
3 - Stay healthy
 
3 Comforting Actions for my Artists:
1 - Like my work/projects no matter how they turn out
2 - Meditate (There it is again)
3 - Stay creative 

And here's one I def need to document:

3 Promises to Myself:
1 - I promise I will make creativity a part of my every day life
2 - I will continue my little adventure group & work more photo play days into the mix
3 - I will continue to stay active
 
There were a few other things, but I skipped them - some of these exercises actually just plain don't apply to me since I don't think I'm as "blocked" as some others may be.

I actually kinda had 2 Artists Dates this week.  1st one was I had to go in and glaze the pottery I made a few dates back!  I can't wait to see them all done!
One of them is a sparkly kind of glaze, so excited to see how that comes out!

The 2nd date was I took a solo hike with Poe.  I wanted to hit up my geocache, but the weather was warmer than expected so I didn't want to drag the dog too far if it got too hot.  But it was the 1st day of Autumn and just the perfect weather to signify Fall is coming.


Grabs every stick he can







 The pages fell off a bit and I'm finding myself really not want to stick to them anymore.  Not sure what that's all about, but I think it's really just a timing thing.  The thought of journaling a bit before bed appeals to me, but I need to figure out how I want to go about doing that.  The morning writing just doesn't seem to cut it for me.  

Only 2 more weeks left!




No comments: