Friday, September 29, 2023

Artists Way Week 11...

This week was Recovering a sense of Autonomy.  Not gonna like - forgot what that meant and had to look it up - the right or condition of self government.  Ok so I'm guessing regulate myself yes?

How sad is it that this is the week I fell off the pages more than ever.  LOL!  Guess I'm not self governing that very well.  But let's be honest - the pages and me have a sordid relationship.  No regrets though - what it has helped me realize is working out in the morning and sticking to that routine is much more important and better for my well being.  I do plan to journal more - but when I feel like it.  I do like writing sometimes before bed, especially if Pat is reading, and I do find that some mornings when I have nothing to do for a while I can sit and have my coffee and write.  That is what the pages will be for me.

So this week was basically just a lot of writing tasks.  I think I found this week the least fun, only because the tasks felt more"Homeworky" to me than other weeks.

I did do most of them.  (Not all...some I just can't bring myself to do - like write a letter to myself and mail it?  No.)

But one was take 7 pages to write 10 wishes in each of these categories:  Health, Possessions, Leisure, Relationships, Creativity, Career and Spirituality.  I filled in every page - except Career - that one I said RETIRE.  Literally the only thing I want from my Career right now.  Spirituality I struggled with too because I really just want to continue to have faith in the Universe.


For my Artists Date this week I went on a bike ride!  I used to love riding my beach cruiser.  When I used to live near the beach I'd ride down there all the time.  Sadly I've had to part with my favorite beach cruiser (The Pink Panther I used to call her) but I do have access to another bike.  Pat's kiddo no longer uses it so it's basically now my bike.  So I thought - I'm taking it out for my Artists Date.  We live near the Santa Ana River Trail so I decided to take a ride down to Hart Park.  It's about an hour total so that'd be perfect.

Lessons Learned - I probably should have Pat show me how to ride a bike with speeds and gears and what not.  I forgot the breaks are not on the pedals so that was a fun almost crash.  This type of bike is also skinnier and lighter than my big ol cruiser - also almost crashed a few times.  I also saw other people riding bikes like this and had helmets...do I need a helmet?  But aside from those lessons and almost crashing a total of about 5 times - it was just lovely!  I forget how much I love riding my bike and also how far you can get riding a bike via walking.  It also was a really good work out (Probably also because when I went up hills I had no idea how to adjust the gears so I huffed it.)  There is going to be many more bike rides worked back into my life for sure!  I've missed this.

She's so wee

Didn't crash!


Poe's fave spot aka The Dog Park

Hart Park -I used to play softball here!


Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment

So Week 11 done!  Only one more week of this journey and then I'll start right into the next one!


I should paint this bike to be more me....


No comments: