Tuesday, August 15, 2017

3 State Road Trip 2017 Vegas...

On the road again!

Again - the goddamn elevation seemed to fuck with my already stuffy coughy head so that wasn't fun.  Sickies still tinkering around.  But nothing as bad as the Grand Canyon Day.  We rolled in Vegas and checked in to The Mirage.  I hadn't actually ever stayed here and it's a pretty cool hotel!  We got a corner room with a view of the Volcano.  The room was awesome but being a corner room - all the way at the end of a very long hallway.  We joked everytime we had to walk the trek to and fro.

Seriously. Miles.
We chilled for a bit but had ticket to an evening show that night at Planet Hollywood.  Our show was for 10pm at night.  It was taking everything in my power to rally up the energy for that.  We headed out to Hash House a Go Go  that the boy had wanted to revisit.  I was not feeling 100% so I couldn't order what I would have liked so ended up with quite a yummy warm spinach salad.  But The boy got the biggest damn order of chicken and waffles I had ever seen.  It was hilarious and according to him - hella delicious!

We finished dinner early and wondered if we could exchange our tickets for the earlier 8:30 show...hey worth a try right?  (Come on..we're old and tired. Ha!)  We could!  Yay!!!!  The show we were seeing? Zombie Burlesque.
You guys....this show...AWESOME!  The boy had never been to a burlesque before so I filled him in on what to expect.  They did not disappoint!  It was sexy, hilarious and so much fun!  The cast could sing, dance and were gorgeous zombies.  They even passed out jello shots at one point!  The boy partook and they were apparently quite strong!  I would totally recommend checking out this show if you find yourselves out in Vegas.  Such a good time!


Back to our room where we promptly crashed from exhaustion but not before catching the nighttime view!

The next day was the lazy day.  It was also the most human I felt since I got sick.  We didn't even leave the room until after noon since we were enjoying resting and recovering from the week.  We hit the pool which was awesome and I had my 1st glass of wine since the plague hit me.  It was so nice and not super crazy since most folks check out and peace out on Sundays.  So awesome to relax in the sun.

So chill!
Afterwards we cleaned up and headed out to dinner at Buddy V's Ristorante.  So we were really just looking for something close and this was right across the street but holy shit - GO THERE!  The food was delicious!!!!  Service was awesome!  We had such a great waiter and the tiramasu comes in a mason jar!  It was so cool!


After this we were full so we decided to wander around.  We strolled the Venetian and saw some neat art displays and then wandered back to our hotel for a couple of drinks to toast our trip.


Love the sun burst!

Always




Back up to the room in time to see the Volcano Show from our window and closed our eyes to the last night of vacay.

The next morning we headed out and were back home in the afternoon.

Aside from the major bummer of my sickies it was a really nice trip.  I was so happy to be there to witness my baby brother retire, and got to see some absolutely beautiful countryside!

That concludes the 3 State of 2017!


No comments: