Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Last Meal Prep for a few weeks...

So we're taking a mini hiatus from Meal Prep since Terri and I just have a bit too much going on the next couple of weeks - but I needed to post about our last prep a couple weeks ago.

Both of us had has late nights the night before but were still up and rearing to go.  Not the best idea.  This was probably one of the hardest preps we've done.  It was hot (STILL!) we were exhausted and Terri had made a bit of a financial error she was worried about.  So -

Terri wanted to give fish another try.  But she had a dry dock place she wanted to purchase the fish.  Not realizing how much fresh halibut apparently costs from a dry dock (Did you people know this?!)  She dropped $67!!  She broke this news to me that morning and I about fell out of the chair.  She went ahead and still bought it.  I blame the shock numbing her.  Here's what $67 of halibut looks like:

Fucking nuts right?!  Terri had picked a recipe and was super nervous about it - I mean who wouldn't be.  You don't want to screw something up you just spent that much money on.  The recipe called for capers which I normally don't care for but was totally willing to eat whatever she wanted to make.  So - this girl - my bestie - did what Terri does best - ROCKED IT!

She studied, read and re-read the recipe.  We prepped pretty much everything else first.  Then she tacked it.  She was quite nervous.  I was no help and just watched in fascination and admiration.

You got this!
Um - let me tell you - the damn fish came out AMAZING!  But, come on, are you surprised?  This girl may have missed her calling as a chef.  She's a great cook and this fish was outstanding!! Even the capers!

So f-ing good!
It flaked perfectly when you took a bite.  I ate my 1st one that night (I just couldn't wait!) then my 2nd one the next day and it was still just as delicious.  The recipe she used you can find here.  Great job T!!!  Sooooo yummy!!!  She won't be dropping that amount of $$$ on fish again, but we've got a damn good recipe!  I was also super stoked to have fish in our prep!

After a very long, frustrating and exhausting hot day we were ready to prep!

Time to separate!
The halibut was the best new dish this week.  We also tried a new Sweet Potato Recipe.  We didn't do rounds, just pieces (we were so tired) but future note - we'd cook it a little longer than it says too.  They would have been better a bit crispy.  All the rest we've done previously - pesto zucchini noodles, boxed couscous, boiled chicken that was shredded with a seasoning, honey garlic chicken, soy sauce green beans and mashed cauliflower.  And of course we're still sticking to our fruit for smoothies and grapes/hard boiled egg snacks.



We'll be back at it in November!


No comments: