Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Knotts Haunt and showing some support...

Jay treated a big ol group of us to Knotts Haunt this year.  The only downfall - we went on a Saturday.  NEVER AGAIN.  It was the 1st night of the season it was sold out.  35 thousand people!!!!  Lordy.

But of course we still had a blast and are super appreciate to Jay for the treat!

I arrived with this carload:

These bitches

So cute!
We put our name in for dinner at TGIF's.  The rest of the gang arrived shortly after.  This year's crew was Petey, Alex (new this year!), Taylor, The Dormans, Jameson and his lady Keely (also new this year!), Marky, Jay's sister Kim (another newbie), myself and of course Jay.  Super fun group!

We had dinner, got our adorable little Halloween bags from Jay and headed in.  The bonus gift in our bags this year were bracelets or rings that blinked bright red, blue or green.  This came in super handy when we were trying to maneuver through the crowds and not lose each other.

Alex sandwich
 My favorite 2 mazes were the Voodoo one and the Paranormal one.  They were the 1st two we hit.  The Voodoo one had a great Skeleton Key room (We had the key rooms as well as front of line!).  The gal picked one of us - it ended up being Taylor who was "marked".  The actress was wonderful and it was a fun experience.  This was also the only maze I got a scare in!

Marked Taylor
The Paranormal one was super fun and a bit interactive.  You also apparently choose right or left and they're different!  My only disappointment was I would have liked to go back in this one and do the other side, but we never made it back.  Everything else was fine, but I wasn't super impressed this year.  I was really irritated when the later mazes we went on were lack monsters.  It's like the cast went on break and there were no reliefs.  Universal seems to be much more on top of that.  So that was a real bummer and I especially felt bad for the people that had GA and stood in lines that whole time to only get screwed because the monsters were "on break" or something.



The Hanging was hilariously fun and offensive as always.  Although I had no idea who the gal they "hung" was.  We played some games - I of course won!  I got myself a really adorable Muertos Fox then won Jay a round ball like fuzzy bat.  Jameson knocked me off my throne and won a Muertos Owl.  Kim was also a hoot to have with us this time.  She was as screamer!  Loved it!

We had an absolute blast, but the crowds did put a damper on things.  It was difficult to get from point A to point B.  Some of the lines were too long, even with front of line.  We missed the Elvira show.  It was work.  But everyone was in good spirits and we had a great time!  Thank you thank you as always to Jay!!

One of the best parts of the evening was catching up with this girl!

Ex-Roomies!


The next day a family friend holds this really great fundraiser at her Hair Salon.  It's the Jill Foundation.  Barbara started this in memory of a friend and fellow hair stylist and started this organization.  They do this event every year and offer $20 haircuts that all goes to the foundation.  They also have a bunch of raffle prizes and goodies to purchase.  I was planning on getting a cut but we were so tired.  So we swung by and bought some raffle tickets.  Mom won three baskets!  They had a photo booth too so of course -

We're awesome

Then last night I went to another event for an organization called Meoowz Rescue.  They had an event at Chapter One. In Santa Ana.  It was a bingo night and all proceeds went to the rescue!  Um - an event at a yummy restaurant supporting kittens?!  In!




Love this girl!
Not winning cards.  Sigh.

Robin and I had a great time!  We got some delicious appetizers, wine and played Bingo!  All in support of kitties!!  We didn't win though!  Lord I get so competitive!!!!

So busy fun girl I am lately!

Loving every second!

No comments: