Monday, March 9, 2015

Rehearsing and Eating...

Tried another joint Saturday night!

Pie Dog in downtown Fullerton.

T had been wanting to check this place out, but we figured whilst tromping around DT Fullerton Friday night for ArtWalk that it may be too crazy that night to go so we went Sat!

We got there early, a bit before 6pm and it was perfect because there wasn't anyone there.  As we sat and enjoyed ourselves the place filled right up though!

It's a cute little place.  Has a bar to sit at, or long tables or long high tops.  Our waitress was Alisha and it was her 2nd day.  She kept apologizing for using her phone, but that's how they take orders there.  Hello crazy technology!  The place has a whole bunch of fancy fun beers and only 1 red or 1 white wine.  They do state though that they will be switching out the red/white regularly but it's known for the beers.

I got the red wine, and it really was quite good!  A very smooth cabernet.  T got a beer similar to the kind she had when we checked out The Playground and she loved.  They also apparently just added chicken wings with an array of sauce choices, so we ordered the "citrus" ones and added the creamy garlic sauce.  By the way - the creamy garlic sauce - fucking amazing!

But what it's really known for are the burgers.  They're made in house and they have a handful of different types.  I personally opted for the Team America (F@*K! Yeah) burger.  It came with bacon, BBQ, and LTO (Which I found out was lettuce, tomato and onion).  If you like, they have a crap load of sides to add and/or sauces.  I stuck with just what it came with and was certainly not disappointed.  One of the best burgers I've ever had!  T chose a burger then added a fried egg and the siracha sauce mix.  We both pretty much devoured them.





We also ordered a side of tater tots - with yes - that fucking amazing garlic sauce.

The place was fantastic!  Different waiters/waitresses checked up on us and when the place got slammed we weren't forgotten.  One of the guys told us to make sure we checked out the bathrooms!  I was a little confused but then found out why:


Tell me that's not rad!!  Ha ha!

So Pie Dog - you get 2 greasy thumbs up!  Awesome night of yummy burgers, wings and wine!


Next up - the all day rehearsal for Slings and Arrows!

I won't get into too much here, but it was rad.  Craig has fell into Laeretes just perfectly and Jeffrey is finding all kinds of great stuff as he explores Hamlet.  I had some ideas for Brenda and my nunnery scene and was so glad they worked out!

We rehearsed at McCoy Rigby studios in Yorba Linda, so it was a great space and we could do what we wanted.  Dave had us run the 1st part of the show then we broke out into our room scenes and worked on them individually.  Dave would pop by adding suggestions, notes, praises but it was pretty much just us running them on our own.  This was great for Brenda and I because she's so easy to work with, she went right along with my suggestions and the scene played out beautifully.  I enjoyed putting on the director shoes a bit and now the scene is way better.  I'm super happy with it and so was Dave.  He said it's only going to grow from there.

We broke for lunch then returned to run the before intermission stuff then broke off again.  This time I was alone since it will be my death scene, but it was a great time to sit down and chat with Dave about what I want to do, try and hope to get to emotionally.  He knows I'm nervous but tells me not to worry.  We're not going to run it until we're down in San Clemente which I'm glad.  Then we ran the finale best we could (We're missing 3 actors for this rehearsal) and I had a blast reading for Shadow Hamlet 2 (Who I've deemed Shamlet) and Rosencrans/Gildenstern.  Hell I'll play multiple roles! Ha ha ha!

This gives you a nice idea of our split outs

I love collages!
Then we were done well before our scheduled end time.  Yay!  With the time change it was nice to get out early and grab a nap.

The show is coming along brilliantly!  Hopefully we'll get to have a rehearsal where the entire cast is all together for once!  (Maybe Thursday)?


So there we are.  2 of my favorite things.  Working on a show and eating!

Now if I could just have a nap...damn time change....













No comments: