Thursday, January 1, 2015

Kinky Boots...

My Christmas presie from Taylor this year was tickets to Kinky Boots!

Now I'm not a huge musical theatre person, but I do enjoy them.  This one was super fun.  Lots of fun music and fun dancing!  I have to say though - my favorite - the boots!!!  Oh my lord they were fabulous!!!!  They did a big group number at the end and the entire cast were wearing different types of boots and I wanted them all!

Kyle Taylor Parker (Lola) and Steven Booth (Charlie) were the main dudes.  Neither of them blew me away but were both great singers.  I would say my favorite character was the little blonde love interest of the main guy.  She of course wasn't at first, he was engaged, but they were meant to be and blah blah love story.  But - it was only a small plot line and she had a really adorable number she sang about him.  The actress was Lindsey Nicole Chambers (Lauren).  Super adorable.  The drag queens were incredible.  These guys danced around in stiletto heels like no ones business!  One guy had a high kick that was ridiculous!!  So much fun!

Before the show there were fun photo ops that of course Taylor and I took part in.  The 1st up was a runway.  They had a bunch of props (wigs, boas, hats, glasses) you could wear and then strut your stuff down the runway.  An OCPAC gal would take a photo with your cellphone if you so desired.  You can see our strut below:

We're models
Nope not me!  Right here is where I tried to take off my scarf and knocked my hat off!!!  Doh!!
Pose!
Did you take the picture?

Yup...still standing here!  And of course my tongue comes out.


Then there was this fun one:

PS - this is the dress Jay bought me!
We had dinner at TGIF's beforehand and opted to park in the structure since it was on the night of the coldest craziest wind storm we've seen.  I was also fighting a cold.  I bought us over priced intermission champagne and we had a great evening!!!

Fancy Champagne Selfie


Thank you Taylor for taking me!



No comments: