Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Some random thoughts and a new craft...



Sometimes I think of a lot of things around the same time.  I like to blog them out because I’m like that.  So here we go.

  • ·         I love Facebook sometimes.  It makes it easy for me to come up with “Kindness Gifts” that I plan to randomly send people over time.  How cool is it when you randomly receive a gift or a note or something that makes you happy just out of the blue?  I was stressing about doing one a week, but realized it’s better to stretch it out over lots of time.  Better surprises!  I also just put out a book recommendation request and within 20 minutes I have a shit ton of books to keep me busy for a while.

  • ·         My mom’s birthday was Sunday.  She turned 62.  Freaks me out a bit that she’s getting older but the woman doesn’t look a day over 40.  So happy to have inherited her good skin!  She wanted to go to Claim Jumper and ordered the Mother Load cake. If you are not familiar with this monstrosity it’s ridiculous.  We jokingly took a couple shots that made it look like she ate the whole thing.  She didn’t…it was split 6 ways.  Oh and we still didn’t finish it.




  • ·         I’m fascinated by how much people can freak out at work.  Last week, I think every day, I had someone running into my office, frantically emailing me, or calling me and yelling about something that would end up being no big deal.  I looked like a saint to everyone because I would just be “It’s cool, no problem, we’ll just do x, y and z.  It’s all good”.  You would have thought I had cured cancer.

  • ·         I recently had meals with 2 friends I haven’t seen in ages.  Jo and I had dinner, so awesome to catch up and she looks amazing.  Marky and I had lunch and it was wonderful to see him.  I miss my little place in Costa Mesa so much!  I also finally picked up my heavy bag so I can sell the bitch and looks like I already got a buyer!  Woot!

  • ·         We did another craft.  I hosted and suggested doing something with Terra Cotta Pots.  There were so many options!!! 

  
o   I was originally going to do a bird feeder which I still plan on but I need to get my brother to drill some holes for me.  So I opted instead to paint a couple.  I did one for just a pot then another to make into a stand.  Here’s the pic.  The green one behind it is Terri’s.  She’s also doing a cake stand.

o   Holly & D made some cute pots

o   Mel opted for the candy machines!  So cute!

o   Jill went steam punk

o   And Ber made little pots for her herb plants!

·         Everything came out awesome!  Again I love it when we pick a craft and all do something different!  So very cool!

  • ·         I tried to gather some friends to have some discussions about the book Soul Pancake.  I didn’t really pan out but I’ve decided to really take a crack at it myself.  I’ve whipped out my Buddha notebook and started in last night.

  • ·         In regards to the above bullet point, I think I sometimes try to do too many things at the same time.  But I can’t help it.  I have all these ideas and thoughts and things and life is so short! 

  • ·         I’m also squeezing in a little show/movie watching time.  I saw Heat – it was cute.  Last Vegas was cute as well.  Both of those were funny but no depth to them.  I watched Bling Ring out of curiosity.  It wasn’t that great and just depressed me because that’s how a lot of society is.  Watched Catching Fire.  I couldn’t watch the whole Hunger Games movie due to the shaky nature of the shooting (but read all the books so knew what was going on) but Catching Fire was shot differently.  I did enjoy it very much.  And of course bawled like a baby.  Hell I was crying before things happened because I knew what was going to happen!  Kick ass 2 was awesome. Just like the 1st.   We’re the Millers was surprisingly funny.  Then I watched a few series.  I’ve decided to only watch ones that are done now because I’m currently waiting for Sons of Anarchy Season 6, New Girl Season 3 and the final season of How I Met Your Mother.  I don’t like to wait because I start to forget what’s happening.  New Girl and HIMYM are fun bubblegum for the brain shows.  SOA is traumatizing but I’m hooked.  I started watching because a friend of mine is in season 6 for 3 episodes!  And of course the boys are pretty hot…but damn!  It’s pretty f-ed up.  I’m currently watching 6 Feet Under which I’m really enjoying and the move Lovelace is on its way.

  • ·         I’ve joined a couple of OCR (Obstacle Course Race) groups on Facebook and have realized it’s now a thing.  Hell it now has an acronym.  It always blows my mind how something will take off.  I was doing these races before they got so popular and now it’s pretty crazy.  I’m still doing them but these groups are pretty nuts.  One is a singles group I thought would be fun but it’s really more entertainment.  People are f-ing crazy.  There seem to be a few goodies in the bunch but not many.  I don’t think I’ll be on it for very long, but it’s also kind of like watching a train wreck.  Sadly this is giving me less hope in the dating scene.  Lord. 

  • ·         Regarding races, I’m signed up for Color Run, Pendleton Mud Run, 3 Gladiator Rock & Roll Runs and Rugged Maniac.  One of the Gladiators, my friend has us doing with this OCR group (not the singles one) and I’m a little nervous to meet these people.  I’m just not sure I’m going to fit in.  I seem to be way too laid back for these people. Ha!

  • ·         I’m trying to not swear as much.  This is literally becoming an impossibility.  WTF.

  • My observation skills seem to have got worse.  My office mate used to have these cut outs of LOL cat memes all over the front of his desk.  The other day I said "Oh!  You took them all down?"  He looked at me like I was insane.  "Like a month ago!" he said.  What!!??  Then - I had lunch with my dad last Friday, we wandered into Blue Frog, our common lunching spot on Fridays, I did my usual scan of the restaurant looking for an open table whilst in conversation with my dad.  Apparently when I did this I looked RIGHT AT Dave/Pete, two of my very dear friends.  Neither of the noticed at 1st either because they both had their noses in their phones but still.  We sat down across from them, so I'm now facing them mind you, and continued chatting.  Not until I looked at our approaching waiter did I see Pete staring at me with duck lips.  "OMG HI!"  Seriously.  Didn't even see them!  THEN two days later, my friend Noel and I are taking a quick after dinner we ate too much sushi need to walk stroll in the Back Bay before we lose the light and as we are walking/talking Noel grabs my arm to stop me mid step and points out a SNAKE!  I would have stomped right on the poor reptile had Noel not stopped me.  I was lamenting my frustrations to T and she promptly said "Well, you're living more in the moment now with all your meditating."  True.  Rad.  Because that means progress, but I think I need to find a balance as to not STEP ON SNAKES or something.

  • ·         I’m starting to wonder if I’m missing a niche.  You know?  I did theatre for years.  YEARS!  I’ve become all fit and what not and doing OCR’s.  I’ve started to craft.  I meditate regularly. But I still don’t quite feel I’ve found my niche.  I have no idea what else to do.  I also photograph.  I write.  I mean I do a whole bunch of stuff but something’s missing.  Thoughts?  Hmmmm.  Maybe I’m just crazy.

·         That’s all for now.  Enjoying the day by day.  My mediation practice is improving.  I’m stronger than I’ve ever been.  I’m happy.  Just floating along.  Keep smiling people!

No comments: