Monday, April 2, 2012

The last hummingbird blog...

I watched them turn from little black jelly bean sized aliens to fuzzy little things to baby hummingbirds.
It was a fantastic journey watching these two little darlings grow up and a very protective mama take care of them.
Unfortunately the last few weeks got a little rough because the storms we had knocked down the shade which was good and bad. The shade protected them from some of the harsher weather we had but it also kind of trapped them into that area, so mama had to fly through an opening to teach them to fly. During this time she drove my cats batshit and I when I was trying to nap because she would be flying in the window and my cats would be trying to launch through. I tried hanging a blanket and closing the blinds but to no avail.
Despite the lack of sleep and mini battles I did love watching them grow up and the process of a hummingbird egg to bird journey!
Below are the last shots I tried to catch of them as they grew into little birds! Although they have flown the nest and I have cut it down the little family still seems to be hanging around. We saw them flying around the backyard just yesterday!

You will see they go from eyes closed, to open eyes to fuzzy, to little birds. The last shot I took was them both sitting on the edge of the nest waiting to fly! (Start bottom up)









No comments: