Thursday, April 22, 2010

Coachella Ends...

Sunday.
Oh My God my body is screaming, my sinuses are shouting, my eyes are stinging - Jesus I'm old!!! One more day! Woohooo! We can do it! We actually got an earlier start, hoping to beat some of the traffic - breakfast was hilarious. I dont know if I mentioned this but most of the hotel was over-run by Coachellans. J had grabbed breakfast earlier, and T and I were down there for the last bit and looking around was awesome. Everyone - and I mean everyone was tore up. You could tell we were all rollin in to Day 3. I was so great. I forced down some oatmeal, we had our morning cig, got it together and headed out. We noticed another friend of ours had put on his status update parking was easier - so after a txt from him as to where was the best way in, we took his advice and breezed right in! Sweeeeeet! And in a grass lot! Sweeeeter! We had our longest tailgate session due to the early arrival which was really nice and we got interviewed! A lovely little gal from Riverside Press asked if she could interview us. T was thrilled knowing a certain someone who was quite jealous we were there would be reading this very interview. We chatted with her for about 20 minutes or so and she was a blast. Check in was a breeze - this time I think I could have brought in a small pony. J wanted to ride the Ferris Wheel so that was our 1st stop. Motion sickness me waited on the sidelines and took photos. 1st band of the day - King Khan and the Shrines - SICK! Yo Gabba Gabba (whom I just learned is some wacked out kids show) characters came out and danced with the band for a few songs. I loved the little dancer they had in the flapper dress and pom poms - good times. We had a nice gap, so we parked it in the shade in the main Beer Garden again and ate more (I swear I think I ate Coachella this year) and relaxed and chatted, drank, ate and people watched. Time for De La Sol - so awesome!!!!!! It brought back so many memories rockin out to those guys. I think one of my fave moments was when I caught a couple probably in thier 60's rockin out to Me, Myself and I! ha ha! We then scooted over to check out Matt & Kim - so much fun - more happy bouncy music and a chick drummer!!!! J & T hopped on the energy see-saw, then we wandered into the Red Bull tent, the H&M tent and the Heineken tent - nothing too impressive. Found ourselves back in the beer garden for a while. We wandered out and caught Spoon - outstanding. Then to Phoenix - they were great, but it was soooooooooooooo packed. Lockers for warmth then to another food court to eat...shocking I know. We got a good spot we thought for Thom Yorke, but got over-run by people. We still got to enjoy most of his set though, and watching people try to walk into the fence directly in front of me was hilarious good times. We then hit Gorillaz - and I hate to say it, they were a bit dissappointing. I think our expectations were too high. They didnt suck by any means, but just didnt live up to what I was hoping to see. Ah well. We got out with no problems and said our farewells to Coachella 2010.
The next morning, we had our breakfast and slowly packed until the last minute we could until check out time at noon. I think we were all just trying to make it last a little longer. We said our goodbye's to J and T and I headed home. Once I dropped of T, I felt reality starting to creep back in. Thats one of my favorite things about the Coachella experience - your in a completly different world for 3/4 days. I love the desert, I love the music. Its just that - an experience.

No comments: