Monday, March 29, 2010

Craptastic with a good end....

You know when you have those days where everything just blows?
Work sucks, everything goes wrong, people piss you off.
Your cranky. Stomach matted with irritation and anger and your wondering if you have a stomach ulcer.
Nothing goes right.
That was today.

Then it turned around. Text from T. Happy Hour?
Lovely conversation with one of my besties. Wine. Cornbeef Tacos. Cigs. Silly conversation behind me.
Driving home there it is - the moon. One of those nights when she's huge and beautiful and looking down on us. I swear I can touch her. I want to keep driving towards her and see if I can actually reach her - she's that close. No lights needed. She lights up the night sky like a beacon of hope. Stunning.
I pull in my driveway - waltz inside and drag my mom out to look at her glory.

Then hot tub time with good conversation with mom. Laughing. Forgetting the drama that we're currently dealing with.

Now early to bed, I'm sleepy and happy. All the bullshit that went on today is forgotten. I love a happy ending.

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Beautifully written.