Monday, April 14, 2008

9th time in a wedding...



Yes. Its true. I have been in a wedding 9 - count them - 9 times. One of those actually a bride! (Worst mistake EVER). Anywhoo - this past weekend Jess & Steven came together in marriage out in the middle of nowhere at some place called Padua Hills. Jessica wanted it forest like expecting fairies to jump out of trees. It was. She looked breathtaking. The bridal party looked fantastic. Her ring is BLING. The whole thing was very elegant, beautiful and fun and I'm sure cost more money then I'll ever be worth. I still find it hard to attend weddings (let alone be in them). It makes me sad in a way. Remembering how my day was so spectacular and beautiful only to end in disaster. Makes me sad being a single 32 year old. There's something about weddings that bites people. Makes you want someone. Is it the love in the air? The romance? It seems like hooking up with someone at a wedding is a given. Not for me. I have yet to experience that. I've been to more weddings then I can count. I always have that moment of sadness. That moment of loneliness. Lately that feeling turns to irritation at the fact that I still get sad/lonely in these situations. This time around - I started getting that feeling so I took a walk. I went out a spot across the street that had a little bench and overlooked Claremont. The lights of the city twinkled and winked at me. The night sounds filling the air around me. The faint sound of the wedding in the background. I sat down. I smoked. I gazed out into the night and smiled. I fought that feeling and I won. I have to admit - I am disappointed that I cant say - "Ya - me and that one hot guy totally hooked up!". But whateva. In fact, I'm going to post below the highlights I posted on myspace. I've decided that here is where I'll spill a bit more. Vent a bit more. I'll try to keep that off the myspace world. So - highlights....
This past weekend Jess and Steven came together as hubby and wife. I was a bridesmaid. Here's some highlights...
- Rehearsal Dinner - Such awesome Greek food
- Rehearsal Dinner - Hot belly dancer - I considered becoming a lesbian
- Terri and I realized we can conquer anything thrown at us - ergo - Team TJ was born
- So many lovely compliments on how I looked. Thank you
- Jessica looked like a princess
- Darcy and I climbing into a tree in heels and satin bridesmaids dresses for a photo. Jess so excitedly exclaiming "Your my fairies in the trees!!!!!!"



- Listening to frogs, birds, wind whispering thru the trees during the ceremony
- Excellent Pinot Noir
- Pre-wedding singing of Depeche Mode songs to keep Jess calm
- Actually making it thru the treacherous walk down the aisle in heels and not eating shit
- Terri and I sharing a plus 1. Yay Keith!
- Alexander teaching me to swing dance including picking me up and flipping me thru the air as I squealed in terror
- Looking for Bears in the forest
- Amazing steak
- Table 18
- Dancing
Congrats to Jess & Steven! Woot!

I look like a rockstar bitch:


Favorite picture of the whole night:


2 comments:

Rose said...

oy weddings. i've been to three. all ended in me wildly vomitting. i don't think i've ever made it an hour into the reception. hahahaha :) cheers! ugh.

Jekkia said...

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!
GO TEAM JT
I am so glad you had a good time, it would not have come togther if it wasn't for my favorite girl-
I am so wonderfully happy and exuberant that you enjoyed the night and absorbed the party. I wanted you to be a princess too- I wanted you to feel beautiful-
and you are both- fabulous and wonderful- XXOO