Tuesday, February 27, 2024

February...

Did some good stuff this month!

Early in the month we celebrated my friend Maria's birthday down in Temecula!  We of course had a wine pick up so that was handy - plus our memberships helped the group get all kinds of perks which was awesome!  It was such a lovely day away with a great group of people!

Happy Birthday Maria!




Beautiful skies!


I have lunch with my dad every Wednesday.  This particular Wed I noticed behind my dad was another father and daughter having lunch and it was so sweet.  I did a sneaky capture of it and ended up with a great photo of my dad!


We decided to celebrate the Chinese New Year - because especially it's our Year!  Year of the Dragon!!  So we made Chinese food that night to celebrate!

Dragon Fruit for the Year of the Dragon

I baked Almond Cookies!

Of course had to get mandarins for prosperity and luck!

Dragonfruit Sangria's

Orange Chicken, Fried Rice and Dumplings...the dumplings were from Cali Dumpling but we made the rest!

Had our girls brunch but landed us randomly at Tanaka Farms for some hello to animal friends!

Girls brunch at a random Golf Course!  LOL


Creepy

Libby insisted on petting the friends


The teeth!!!





Pat and I actually did a Valentine's Day Dinner!  We never do anything so I was super excited to have a really nice evening.  It almost didn't happen but we managed to get it in there and Pat even got me flowers!!  We ended up kind of re-inacting our 1st date which was really sweet!

I got the prix fix dinner.  This was at Haven where we had dinner on our 1st date

Oysters with pickled apples!  Yum!

Pat opted for the Hanger Steak, mine was scallops on carrot pasta with smoked pork belly and goat cheese.  So good!

Chocolate Cream Delicious-ness

Got drinks at Provisions to honor when we got drinks on our 1st date after dinner

Selfie in the spot we had our 1st kiss!

SO pretty!!!


February is also my birthday month!  I wanted to actually kind of treat myself this year since the past few years have been a bit rough.  So I took work off on my actual birthday and got a pedi with mom!  Then that night I introduced Pat to one of my favorite sushi joints - Kaori Sushi in Fullerton.



This was a $29 plate - friggin BOMB! Bluefin tuna with black truffle and Uni.  I almost died

Happy Birthday to me!

Saturday I wanted to have a chill gathering so I texted a bunch of people and said "Meet me at GoldenRoad Brewing if you're not doing anything Sat the 24th!  I'll be there from 11-2ish"  We I ended up being there until 5ish!  LOL.  Such a wonderful time!  I was enjoying myself too much to remember to take any pictures until later, but I did snap a few and my phone was snatched at some point and random photos were taken so there we go. Ha!  Our waiter was fantastic.  The weather was beautiful.  It was a great day of family and friends!  Super grateful for so many great people in my life! A big hug and kiss and thank you to Mom, Keri, Dad, Lori, Shane, D and (Salt), Mandy, Jose, Jenny, Tim (and Stella), Elizabeth and (Mia), Tianna, Maria, Ryan, Lindsey, Michael, Linda, Janna, Julie, Terri, Jill, Amber, Noel, Andrea and her man, Bobby Dean, Jack and of course my wonderful husband and (Poe).  Talk about a lucky girl!

Poe with Grandma and Pampa

Me remembering I should take pictures

Bobby Dean

Jack and Jill

Didn't realize this was my camera

Poe was the happiest boi



Yup...Jules had my phone




The last few who got one more round...

Poe was completely assed out after his long day


February 2024 was a lovely month!

And it's a Leap Year!




No comments: