Monday, January 1, 2024

2023 Recap...

2023 has been rough.  Let's just say that.
There's been good and bad, but the bad has been pretty tough.  
I had a lot of medical shit to deal with that ended up landing me a Hysterectomy in May.  So bye bye lady bits.  I look back on my blogging this year and there wasn't a whole lot.  Things with the kid are really rough and that right there just uproots your life.  We're rolling into year 3 with that one.  Our world is an absolute shit show, and I'm actually quite concerned going into 2024 which is an election year, and it ain't looking good let's just say that.

But there's been some really good.  I got out of the country for the 1st time in my life!  Pat has got super into cooking which I'm just loving.  He's getting into wine as well which has brought us to become wine club members and starting to fall in love with Temecula.  I also successfully did the Artists Way which brought to light a bunch of things for me.

So as we roll into 2024 I'm so hoping that the kid can find their way and be ok.  That our political climate pulls his head out of its ass and our world calms the fuck down and finds some peace.  I'm also hoping to up the adventure and blog much more than last year.  I'm hoping Pat and I can get closer.  And just everyone be ok ya know?

So here are the highlights of 2023!

We took a trip to Lake Gregory within in the 1st week of the year and had an absolute blast.  You can read about that HERE.


In March we celebrated one of my best friends 50th birthdays in Mexico!  I've never been out of the country so that was quite the experience!  So cool!  You can read about that HERE


April brought mom and I to the Knotts Boysenberry Festival which I always love!



In late April Pat & I took a quick overnight trip to Temecula to celebrate our 1 year anniversary since my surgery was scheduled too close to our actual anniversary.  This was such a wonderful trip and it got us introduced (well Pat anyway) to Temecula Wine Country and we're now members and total regulars!
You can read about that HERE


May brought the Hysterectomy which as unpleasant as that was, and the barrage of not fun things I had to deal with after that - I'm super thrilled to be rid of that part of me that's caused nothing but issues my whole life.

June brought us a very long trip to Utah.  It was a mixed bag of a trip but we saw some beautiful sites and had some great food! You can read about that HERE


So in July I started up the Artists Way again.  I did it with my dear love Justin and we'd FaceTime once a week to check in.  This was the 4th time I've done it and I feel like I got a lot more out of it than I ever have in prior times.  So that was a fantastic journey!  I blogged each week about it and you can follow that journey HERE.

This year has brought us multiple times to Temecula, getting more familiar with the wines and the area which I'm just loving, but the highlight of 2023 was def the Taste of Europa!  What an awesome event!  We plan to hit it up in 2024 as well with friends!  You can read about that delicious adventure HERE


In November we took another trip with the same crew from earlier in the year to Idyllwild!  We stayed in a beautiful cabin and had a nice little mini getaway.  You can read about that HERE


The holiday season was hectic and lovely and Pat and I ran away to Santa Barbara for a couple of days that you can read about in the blog prior to this one.

My little adventure group has been going strong.  Hit up the Lavender Festival again, saw some really cool trolls, went to the Sawdust Festival, did some Apple Picking.  Monthly brunches with my dear friends Jen & Maria and my delightful foodie friend Julie.  My social calendar is always full and I will forever be grateful for that.  My friends are my rocks and I love them all for it.

Pat & I spent the New Year ringing in the "East Coast" version (because we're old) with great friends and had a wonderful time!


I can't believe another year has flown by.  I'm not sure what 2024 is going to bring, but more cooking with my husband, getting more creativity back into my life, finding the joy in every day, spending time with family and friends is defiantly on the docket.

Love to you all!


No comments: