Friday, January 5, 2024

2023 FOOD Recap...

That's right.
This blog is dedicated to solely blogging about my year of food.
Because...well...food...but honestly food is becoming a bigger and bigger part of my life and I'm LOVING IT.
My husband is also totally getting into food and wine and becoming quite the friggin chef and I'M LOVING IT. 
 
So - I'm going to post all the glorious highlights of my "Fooding" this year.
 
I'm not including food that I rave about in previous blogs here (ie: my trip to Mexico where I ate ALL THE FOOD,  the Taste of Europa, some awesome joints in Utah, etc - because you've already seen them - and if you haven't -go back and read those blogs!  Because why not - my blogs are fun!)
 
So here we go!

A new restaurant had opened in town - PUBlic Legacy.  I hope it lasts because this particular location seems to be cursed, but they've made it a year so that's promising.  Julie and I brunched there one morning to check it out and this friggin Tomato Addiction is to die for!


For our Christmas presie to ourselves (Pat & I don't give each other gifts but rather go out somewhere fancy or take a short trip or something instead) we went to The Anaheim White House.  I'd heard of it - it's fancy.  My friend Maria recommended it, so we dolled up and headed out one night.  It did not disappoint!

Lobster Ravioli

Veal freaks me out - but Pat was dying to try it so there ya have it

Flaky beautiful delicious sea bass

Pistachio cake for dessert!

For my birthday Pat got us a cooking class.  This is where it all began.  As well as binge watching Master Chef.  A lovely fire was sparked in my husband and he started getting more and more into cooking.  After our class where we learned to make a bunch of stuff (there's a blog last year about it) he re-created the Steak and Chimicurri we had.  

He was working on plating

Hit up brunch at another new place called Jardin with Jen and Maria that was amazing.  Took Pat and Julie back there later in the year.

French Toast with Balsamic Strawberry Reduction - Divine!

My fatass wasn't paying attention that this was a meal for two but it's an Avocado Toast Duo - one with Ribeye and one with Chilaquiles.  And yes I ate it all.

I'm not as good of a cook as my husband, but I sure know how to entertain!
I was told to bring apps - Caprese Skewers Baby!

Made a delightful veggie lunch spread for my friend Erika

Then of course had some meats for me...

Bagel Brunch board for a Girls Brunch one morning!

Pat and I are usually Ribeye fans, but Pat had seen a good Filet and wanted to try it.  We whipped out one of our good bottles from our Wine Club to go with it!

Carnivores

For Pat's birthday I got us a Pasta making class.  He's been killing it at Raviolis but here's his 1st Pasta Noodles!  From Scratch!


Now I'm a better baker.  So when we went Apple Picking this year I went to town!  Made my 1st Apple Pie!  Once Fall hits I like to bake fall goodies as well.


Also made Apple Fritter Bread

Delish!

Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodles are always a hit

Tried a new recipe for Halloween - Crack Candy

Sushi is my favorite food ever and is just always so damn pretty.




We did a fancy dinner at Mortons Steak House one night because we got a gift card and holy shit - that went up in my top 10 best steaks ever!

Around Fall is when Pat really started rolling into cooking.  We have a bunch of new cookbooks now and he's going crazy trying new recipes and I'M HERE FOR IT! 

Bacon Wrapped Shrimp with a Zucchini Puree

New York Strip Steak with Vanilla Sauce over a bed of arugula

Braised Lamb Shank (HE MADE LAMB!) with a Potato puree

Chicken Marsala

Braised Short Rip with a Parsnip Puree 

So as you see - a good year for food, and this is just a tiny portion of it! Can't wait to eat my way through 2024!!



No comments: