Friday, January 1, 2021

Cache Addiction...

Yup.  I'm addicted.
It's cool.
I've accepted it.
 
Anywhoo - More Adventures!!!
 
So October 11th was EarthCache Day and you could earn a souvenir if you did/found and Earth Cache.  So I drug out the boy and his kid and tried to make it like a fun educational thing and it kinda was but it was hot.  AGAIN.  We seem to be having a battle with heat lately that is really cramping my cache time.

But we did find it.  In fact...when I mentioned it to my boyfriend a few days prior he said "You know - there's an indigenous dyke right down Cannon Street!  I bet there's one there!"  I smiled.  That is one of the reasons I love him.  Who the hell else would know that kind of information - and sure enough he was right.  

The cache gave us 3 sets of coordinates.  The 1st was all about the dyke.  You had to find it, answer some questions about it and take a pic:

That's a Dyke!

The second part was all about a Fault.  Find it.  Answer questions. Pic.
That's a Fault!

That's my boyfriend trying to measure the Fault

Last but not least was about Vesicular andesite.  We found them.  Answered questions.  Took a pic.

Bubbley Rocks otherwise known as Vesicular andesite!

And WHAM - earned my souvenir!


Earth Cache Day success!!!


So one morning I met up with my best friend to walk Eisenhower Park.  I've got most the caches here, but there was always the one that was super high in the Muggle area that I could never get.  Well I got it this morning!!!  


Solo Morning Caching


And yeah - total hard one because it's right by the main parking lot and is usually swimming with people.  I guess COVID is doing one good thing - keeping people at bay.  The only bummer was all the other caches don't seem to be there anymore.  Guess I'm glad I got them when we did!


One date night in Downtown Fullerton I dragged the boyfriend on a cache hunt after dinner.  We found it and I earned a souvenir!!

So handy to have a tall one with me


My souvenir!

One of the other things I love about geocaching that I'm sure I've mentioned a million times is it brings us to new places.  I'm really a fan of parks because Elise can ride her bike, we can bring the dog and walk around and of course cache!  We hit the Serrano Park one the 1st day of November!  It also earned me another souvenir!



Yay another one!

These looked liked feathers!

Easy find!

A pretty evening indeed

One night during the Christmas Season since COVID is keeping us from doing much - we drove around and looked at Christmas lights.  We remembered this really cool house that had a cache in front it.  We looked for it during Halloween but there were too many people, so we tried again and we got it!

Look how friggin excited I was to find it...

Totally had a false back on the brick in the bottom of the wall!

So after we hid our 1st geocache which you can read about Here , I wanted to go back and look for a cache I had noticed along a pretty gnarly trail.  So Pat & I did a Sat morning hike and found it!  Well - he did.  That boy has an Eagle Eye!

I need to start wearing my glasses....

One day I was determined to get us all out of the house.  So - we headed over to Deer Park Trail where Elise could ride her bike, we could bring the dog and I could cache.  I found three!!

I see you!



 This one I ate shit trying to find.  I went up this hill that was super soft...wasn't there but as I was coming back down I slipped...fell...then rolled down the hill.  Pat & Elise were up the way a bit and didn't know - but then I faceplanted in front of a truck.  He was a park employee and thank GAWD must have saw me falling down the hill stopped.  "You ok?" he asks me laughing.  I answer yes, brush myself off and move along.  2 people on horses also asked if I was ok.  Lord.  I did end up banging myself up pretty good but I found the damn thing!


Got bruised and bloody for this one

This next one was awesome - I saw it sticking out of the tree and when you pulled it out it was a big plastic padlock...well - the damn hand came out with it when you kept pulling!!!  Scared the crap out of me!!!  Totes got a favorite point!


Heartattack!!!!!!!!

Found the last one up the hill past the cutie goats.  Was a good day of caching!

Nestled in a tree hole


Hi goats!

On New Years Day I of course wanted to get out so I could earn the "New Years Day souvenir - which I did!

Pat and I hit up this trail we didn't know about.  I had seen a bunch of geocaches on the map and Pat wasn't sure what trail it was - welp - we found it today and it was beautiful!  I also got a bunch of caches and there's still a few more to find so we'll def be heading back there!  They call it the "Tin Trail".  I think all the caches are tin and named Tin something...so clever!

So teeny!


Magnetic

Caching Couple


This one got a favorite - scared the crap out of me!  I pulled off the lid and "Oh!  Hi giant Spider!!"  It was called Arachtinphobia - now I know why.  Pat got quite a laugh watching me leap backwards yelping!

Beautiful View!

Did not get poked by the cactus this time!


So many painted rocks on this trail!

So there ya have it!

Still at it.

Still love it!!







 





 

No comments: