Thursday, November 1, 2018

Wrapping up the Halloween Season...

My favorite time of year has come to an end (Sad Panda) but I got a few more fun stuff in before it left us too quickly.

The last weekend before Halloween D hosted the 1st annual Pumpkin Carving Brunch!  I wasn't sure I could make it since that was also the same night as our annual trip to HHN but it worked out!

Saturday the 27th was a hot October day.  Gotta love SoCal Fall weather.  D had it set up super cute.  I showed up with my pumpkin, a bottle of champagne and some cookies!  We all had mimosas and carved away.  So much fun!!


So much yum!


Let the carving begin!


I was trying to capture some couple carving but I think I love Court stabbing her pumpkin in the background the most!

The Carving Crew!
So everyone went all out with stencils and what not...if you notice the very simple lame pumpkin in the bunch...yeah...guess whose that is. 
After the brunch, I picked up my horror partner in crime Taylor and we waited for the boyfriend to show up then the three of us were off to LA for Horror Nights at Universal!

This year Jay is only here for 2 weeks, so alot is being crammed in but he still made HHN happen with our usual crew.  Jay gave us the raddest treat bags as usual, we laughed and dined at Buca di Beppa in the CityWalk then we flew through HHN faster than we ever have!  My favorite maze this year was def the Old Skool Monster Maze. So rad!!!  It was the one scare I got when that damn wolf thing came out of the fireplace.  Stranger Things was the big draw and the maze was awesomely decorated for sure.  Poltergeist was super cool and Trick or Treat was a hoot.  We had a great time as usual and I was stoked to get to introduce the boyfriend to one of my favorite nights of the year!  Thank you Jay!!!!

Eric and I totally accidentally "twinned" with our Stranger Things shirts!

The HHN crew!
My baby
The boyfriend bought me some cute devil horns!
Sunday evening I hooked up with the boy and we took his little around Old Towne Orange to check out Halloween decor.  It started out with him wanting to show off Taylor's rad house and we ended up driving around after that.  It's like Xmas Light hunting but Halloween!!  I so love peeps that go all out and we have a few great ones in our town.

Checking out Taylor's epic Halloween decor
As much as Chapman is not the greatest place at the moment, I must say they do have a super cool Pumpkin and Costume Contest on Halloween morning.  I was able to make it over and was super impressed many!!  Check em out!

This was part of my department - The Great Gatsby!

My favorite of the day was The Haunted Mansion Crew!

My saucy friend Chris

Spice Girls!!!

Another group in our Department were the Dalamations!

3 Blind Mice

Kelly has the damn vacuum!!!  Love me some Hocus Pocus!

LOL
How presh is Hallie and Stan
This was my favorite!




Then of course we had our annual Halloween Potluck.  So many yummy desserts!!
I'm 5 pounds heavier already

Halloween Night I got to Trick or Treat! 


So of course I threw something together!

Happy Halloween from your favorite Little Devil!
I met up with Patrick and his kiddo and we headed over to his mom's where she made us a yummy chili dinner!  It was a quick sit down as some little fairy princess was anxious to get to candy hunting.

Jeanne had the cutest Purple Halloween Tree!

One of the cousins - RAD right?!
We of course got a few shots in before we headed out!

He dressed as a Devil too!  OMG we're matchy!

Ready to Trick or Treat!
We met up with her mom and couldn't have asked for a more beautiful sunset to start All Hallow's Eve!

No filter
We piled in my car and headed over to his aunts house to say hello and visit for a min then off to some cool streets around there. A few streets were friggin rad! It was so much fun seeing all the kiddos and their costumes!  I would so love to live somewhere like that and sit on my Halloween'd up porch with a glass of wine handing out candy all night!

Great Pumpkin!!!!!

This house got the Scariest in Old Town.  Fucking amazing
It was super cool!

The kiddo pooped out so after we parted ways with her and her mom we headed over to my partner in Horror Crime's place!  Taylor always goes all out and throws a killer party.  He had a friggin photo booth this year!!!

Trio of Trouble
It was the perfect way to wrap up a fantastic Halloween!!

I must say - this was again a friggin glorious Halloween Season and I wouldn't be able to do nearly half the fun stuff I get to do without the thoughtful generosity of my friends! 

The other bonus this year was I HAVE A BOYFRIEND!  I know...I'm still on that high, but seriously - do you know how long it's been since I got to share my favorite time of year with someone I love?! Yeah - me either.  And he's a fan of the season just as much as I am, so there ya go.



So I say farewell to another Halloween and get ready for the end of the year shenanigans!  I mean - you guys - it's November 1st.  Thanksgiving is tomorrow and Xmas is Yesterday.  When did time start going so damn fast?!









No comments: