Wednesday, November 7, 2018

There are caches everywhere...

Seriously.
EVERY FUCKING WHERE!

Shopping Malls, Stop signs, on power boxes, a lot of the times in the base of street lights.  SERIOUSLY EVERYWHERE!

I love it.

So here's collection of the latest finds ****DONT KEEP READING IF YOU PLAN TO HUNT FOR THESE PARTICULAR ONES****

Anywhoo -

One night a handful of us went out for sushi dinner in Orange on Tustin Ave.  We got to talking about Geocaching because one of the gals used to do it in Utah.  I was like "There's a bunch along Tustin Avenue!!!"  She said "Let's go find one!!!"  because of course there was one like a block away.  The rest of the crew went to get ice cream and Mic and I scurried off and found one that was on a power box.  One of those magnet ones.  It was so much fun doing it with her because she knew exactly what to look for!  Yay!

Loved this little box!

Mic!!!

One day I decided to ride my bike over to Fairhaven Cemetery to visit The Grands like I like to do sometimes and went hunting for a cache that's at the cemetery somewhere.  This is the 3rd time I've looked for it and I can't find it!  Ugh.  I biked over to one down the street but it was kind of a high traffic area (the entrance to a community) so I didn't feel comfortable.  So on my way home I saw there was one on Chapman Ave.  I biked over and it was one of the folks who've hid a bunch all over the place and calls them "Fountains are Cool".  They're always near fountains.  I'm wandering all around and the only thing I see is a Stop Sign.  I'm on the corner of Chapman Ave and it's a heavy traffic time.  So I'm trying to casually reach up inside the Stop Sign...could it be there??...Holy Shit it is!!!!!!!!!!

Fountains Are Cool



I arrived early at The District in Tustin to meet a girlfriend for Happy Hour.  There's like 4 there.  It's always so crowded though.  I found one.  In the base of a light post.  You should have seen my "casual, Oh I'm just going to sit here on this light post and mess with my phone".  Do you know how loud those damn things are when you lift them?!  It was a bit challenging but I did it!
Trying to be sneaky

Another sushi night with a girlfriend at a different sushi restaurant in Orange, and of course I was telling her all about cache's and said "I bet you there's one in this parking lot!!"  THERE WAS!

Under a light post!
Another Happy Hour at The District.  Purposely got there early so I could look for another one.  Again - really heavy traffic area so it was really hard to do it with stealth and my heart was racing, but - did it!!

I keep forgetting to leave the damn date!!!
Now my last cache story for this blog was a goddamn trek.  So, I had noticed on my map that there was one called "Orange's Easiest Multi-Cache".  I figured I kind of know how to do these now after Robin and my adventure doing this one.  I had been drinking one evening and thought "I should take a walk".  "Maybe I could find that cache!"  Now - I blame the fact that I may have had one too many glasses of wine when I looked at the GPS thing on my phone and it said 3. something miles.  I read it as .3.  See the difference there?  Yeah.  I was like - oh it's over by the Circle somewhere!  No.  It was not.  I walked, and then I walked and then I walked some more.  As I'm passing Chapman U I start realizing my error but I've come this far, so I got to keep going right?!  So I did, and I walked some more.  Good Lord.  As I was crossing Batavia I called my mom.  "You wouldn't by chance be not doing anything would ya?"  I explained the error of my ways and she agreed to come pick me up after I found it.  Thank you mom for saving me a hell of a walk back in my shorts and sandals and it was getting dark and my dumb tipsy ass made this poor decision.

Anywhoo - I found the fucker - like 4 miles away.  No big deal honestly - but when you're not expecting that far of a walk or wore the right shoes/clothes for it - it's a trek.  So - the Multi-Cache was hilarious.  Yeah...easiest for sure...it was kind of a joke.  Well played person who hid it!

Wait what...?

Ok...

Oh my GAWD.  Well played

And there ya go - easiest Multi Cache Eva
So I'm still loving it!!  I'm not as obsessed as I was at 1st, but I do try to look for them when I can.  I'm up to 41 Finds!!!  I've also got a couple of people who actually want to look for caches with me so that should be super fun!!! 

I want to Cache Them All!!!


No comments: