Monday, September 24, 2018

Tower of Power at the LA County Fair...

I got a text from my dad:

"Want to go see Tower of Power at the LA County Fair?"

I think you know my answer.

He had two kick ass tix that a friend of his gave him.

We rolled out around 2 on Friday to beat the traffic and get up there and wander the fair.  He bought me a new hat, we looked at the art , we then landed in Chingon Kitchen for awhile where we snacked and drank while getting out of the heat and killing time.  We then decided to check out the Farm Animals and later ended up watching a super cool stunt show with BMX bikers and skateboarders!  They were awesome!

Weird Art

Yup

Dorks
Hi Farm Friends!

Sup?

Dad next to a super old Fire Hose!

Daddy Daughter Date!
Then it was time for the show.

I have never seen a show at LA County Fair (Pomona Fairplex) and it's a pretty cool venue.  We were 4th fucking row!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE'RE RIGHT THERE!
It was so friggin awesome!  Now - I know you've all heard me go on and on about Tower of Power before - but you guys - Seriously - BEST LIVE BAND EVA!!  These guys have been around for 50 years and kick such ass.  Their brass section is ridiculous!  Emilo and Doc are the originals but a lot of the others have been with them for years.  Their newest singer - Marcus Scott is fan fucking tastic!!! I honestly can't say enough how awesome these guys are.  Every single musician is brilliant.  They are tight, perfectly on key and super energetic! The video I took didn't take, but check out this show they did for NPR Tiny Desk Concert a few months ago:

NPR

That's just a taste of what they can do.  They are amazing and we danced our asses off and sang at the top of our lungs and I was so tired and voiceless the next day but so worth it!!  Then we stuck around for War!  Remember War?  Yeah them!  They brought it too!!  The man is 70 years old and kicked ass!  They of course played Cisco Kid and Low Rider and put on a fantastic show!

My phone camera blows but check em out:

Tower

Sing it Marcus!

Emilio is always having so much fun up there!

War!


Kick ass!
Seriously an absolutely great night of music!!!  Music is and always will be such a huge part of my life and when you see it live and it's better than recorded - you know you've hit a winner.  If you ever get a chance to see Tower - do it.  I promise you they'll blow you away!!

Thank you dad for treating me to a fun day and to Fernando for our amazing tickets!!!

Tower of Power fans forever!
Twas a great night indeed!!




No comments: