Thursday, September 27, 2018

Kavanaugh Hearings Today...

Yup.

I listened to almost the entire thing today - that lasted ALL DAY.

I listened because there are certain things I get more passionate about then other things and Women's Rights is a big one.

I listened today because I wanted to support Dr. Christine Blasey Ford for her brave as hell testimony today.  She didn't want to be forced into the world's spotlight but she was and showed up because she felt it was her civic duty.

Holy Shit.  I've had so many emotions today that there's no way I can put it into a blog that makes sense so I'm going to try to pull some humor and just list  -

The Thoughts I Had Listening to Today's Hearing:

  • Holy shit this woman is so fucking brave.  I want to hug her.
  • There is no way she's lying.  I watched today a raw, honest testimony by a woman who was traumatized years ago by drunk men. 
  • I DON'T GIVE A FUCK IT WAS YEARS AGO
  • You never forget a face when you go through something like that. Never.
  • I, along with so many other women today, were triggered because we have been sexually assaulted and this was bringing it all back up.  Ladies you're not alone. 
  • We are finally having a voice and people are listening and all you fuckers out there who say "Why are you just now bringing it up" and "Boys will be Boys" and "Oh just get over it" "Or the woman was asking for it by wearing xxx"  CAN FUCK RIGHT THE FUCK OFF.
  • Yes I'm angry.  I'm tired of having to explain myself.
  • SERIOUSLY SO TIRED.
  • Some of you people wonder why we don't speak up more often - this:
    That is what we have to deal with most of the time when we try to speak up.  Literally this a perfect picture.  This was an angry republican white male senator who flipped out today.
  • Kavanaugh was whining and avoiding questions the entire time, blaming democrats and the media.  This to me was a guilty man finally caught.
  • This is seriously the grumpiest of grumpiest old men:
    All he did was get mad and yell at everyone.
  • When Dr. Ford was being questioned by Republicans they hired Rachel Mitchell to ask all the questions for them.  But when Kavanaugh was up there she didn't ask the questions, they did. What. The. Fuck. Was. That.
  • They asked Kavanaugh so many damn times why he doesn't ask for an FBI Investigation (Dr. Ford said totally) and he never would ANSWER!  YOU ARE GUILTY!
  • One thing I noticed - so many of the Senators thanked Dr. Ford and praised her for her courage.  When Kavanaugh was up they would sympathize with what he and his family were going through - they would also mention sympathies about what Ford and her family were going through.  They didn't mention Kavanaugh when expressing thanks and sympathy to Ford. I actually appreciated that.
  • When an entitled man gets caught he throws a tantrum.  We saw that today.  It reminded me of a 7 year old in a principals office pitching a fit because he knew he was caught.
  • Kamala Harris is my hero.
  • "Just say yes or no" (When she asked for the umpteenth time if he would ask for an FBI Investigation)
  • "I'm taking that as no so we can move on".  Me:
  • This picture is all women all the time when men are flipping out:
  • Everytime a Republican got pissy and went on a ridiculous rant about how horrid democrats are:
  • This whole thing today was a goddamn circus
  • Also this:
  • I really do think everyone believed Dr. Ford, but the shitty thing is most of them won't care.  This - again - is why it's so hard for women to come forward. 
  • I truly love all the men in my life that are allys and believe us and stand by us.

To Dr. Ford.  Thank you.  My heart goes out to what you and your family are going through.  You're truly a fucking hero.






Please please please let this have mattered.
Oh wait...it won't because I do think they believe her - but they don't fucking care.


No comments: