Sunday, December 10, 2017

29 Rooms...



Saturday Terri and I headed up to LA to check out  29 Rooms, a pop up art exhibit in the Arts District.  It took place in a large tent like thing and all around were rooms you could go into and pretty much take pictures.  It's kind of a narcissists dream! Ha!  There were also exhibits in the middle.  Some had longer waits than others, but you could pretty much see most of it if you hustled.  Your ticket got you a 3 hour window to explore.  Each room was curated by a different artist and lots of celebrities were involved as well!  It was a great event with lots of variety and fun interactive stuff!!


Terri and I started just hitting room to room, but realized it would be quicker to bounce around which we ended up doing.  I tried to catch the description of each display, but I think I missed a few.  At each room/display there was someone who worked there and always willing to take your pictures.  The staff was truly awesome!




My favorite!




Boat Bitches

 I loved this room.  There was even a table in the middle with who all your senators are and tools to write them!







Write your senators!


The floor was covered too!





How cute are we?

This particular room I wasn't able to participate in because it was a VR experience but Terri said it was super cool!  I loved watching the peeps do it though!








This lady was totally getting into it!


So, you shot a picture and whatever the saying was, was captured.  I thought was was a trip that I got the same one in my individual shot and our shot!







I was a little mesmerized!

These next few we sort of breezed through and I didn't catch the signs.  But the 1st one was a blow dry section.  It was pretty funny!



Maybe I should leave the curls more often

There was a different message when you walked to the other side

This one I did a boomerang as well.  It was a popular exibit.  You could go up in a building and throw confetti down, and of course my favorite was the space cat behind a door!!!!  The gals working this one were super excited and fun!



You guys!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S A SPACE CAT!!!!


This one was super cute.  It was Marc Jacobs Daisy and you got little free samples of perfume!  Totally called to my inner hippie flower child!






Flower Girls!


This was Demi Lovato's room.  I guess you got air brushed tattoos.  The line was huge!

My favorite picture I took of T!





I was not modeling very well...

I loved this piece.  It slowly spun around in a circle then the faces would appear.  So beautiful!!!



This was one of Terri's favorite ones.  You got a little palate of paint and painted on the lanterns.  It was a bit difficult because they kept moving! Ha, but I got a little peace sign on there!





T painted a T!



Trying to paint a peace sign
Next up was my favorite one.  It was so colorful and bright and I love our picture!!

Groove is in the heart.....

There was this really cool flower display near the entrance.



Terri's portrait mode on her phone is rad!


I was so loving blowing bubbles and dancing to the silent disco!

I didn't catch the description of this one, but there were these really cool mannequins with TV's.  It would switch from propaganda to filming you.




This was on the back of some of the mannequins



We had a lot of fun in this room!  The glitter got everywhere!  Seriously it was falling out of pieces of my clothes and shoes for hours after I got home!  We did a few Boomerangs in here.






I'm not sure what the hell I'm doing

So much glitter!
T writing her secret




Couple of random cool things we passed





Afterwards we hit up a food truck and checked the area out a bit.  Very cool and looks to be an upcoming community!



Um.....

It was a super fun day!  I love these pop ups!!

No comments: