Sunday, December 3, 2017

Descanso Gardens Enchanted Forest of Light...

I have been wanting to do the Enchanted Forest is but it's always sold out.  This year mom became a member and was able to grab us pre-sale tickets.  A pretty good size group of us jumped on board and was worth the ticket price for sure!  I loved that we had a mixture of my family and friends this time!  Most of the friends are the friends in the photo group too so lots of gorgeous pictures were taken I'm sure.  The event was just lovely.

You walk through the park and the light displays were numbered from 1 to 10.  It's family friendly event, so lots of littles are running around but it never seemed to crowded and we were almost always able to get the shots we wanted.  They had food and drinks throughout the walk if you wanted.  I actually dug one of the bars.  It was set up so cute!  Like a little cabin out in the woods.

The only thing I would wish is that there were more than just 10 areas because it was really one of the coolest events I've been to at Christmas!  Just gorgeous!  Music played throughout, sometimes weirdly creepy which I loved.  We also had a goddamn gorgeous full moon that added to the beauty of the night.

My pictures don't do it justice but definitely an event to check out if you get the chance!



First up was where the tulips usually are during the Garden Days.  These changed colors along with the sound of chimes.  It was beautifully erie!  



I was trying to catch the moon


I tried a little time lapse on my phone but should have let it record a lot longer!

Next up were these little pillars that changed colors when you touched them!


Mom & Keri trying to change the color

Along the way were cool lighted things.  I loved these giant balls!


Such a pretty scene


This was one of my favorites.  You walked through this gorgeous lit up walkway.  I would love to have something like this in my backyard!!!

Grabbed T and Jules for a selfie!

Part of our group walking in






 The next display was awesome, but the diamonds spun around and the designs on the ground made mom and I super dizzy so we actually couldn't linger at this one! Ha!  Even a few others got a little dizzy.  So friggin cool though!



I love that I caught that little girl.  Pure joy!


Sib Selfie with a cool light burst between us!
As we approached the next display the really cool bar was there.  It was super pretty!  Some of us got ourselves some cocktails.  Wine of course for me!  It was yum!

The light display was pretty cool.  Really pretty music was playing and there were buttons and joy sticks along the way that controlled the colors and the lights!



More pretties along the walk!


Loved the trees




The next display were these stage like things around the trees.  When you stepped on the lights they changed color.  We all had a great time playing around on these and taking lots of pictures of ourselves! Ha ha!


Peace

The D, Shane and Taylor band

Seriously the moon you guys







After this were some really cool little brightly lit up archy things!



Ber, Brenda and Noel!


A random chandelier in the tree!  So rad!



This shot was from Julie.  I love it!!!
The next stop was cool little walkways and circles that you walked on and they changed colors.  Also surrounding them were these cool set ups of lamps and benches - creepy cool!



Noel's creepy cool shot

Noel being creepy

Terri's creepy cool shot



Next to this was what looked to be a stage set up.  The lights were interactive but this was the only time it was a bit too crowded for us to participate.  It was certainly popular among the kiddos!



 Next came my favorite part of the whole event.  Unfortunately my pictures do not do it justice.  But you walked through this lush area and it has twinkle lights everywhere.  It felt like you were walking into space.  It was so dark except for the lights and the effect was amazing!  It was also so quiet and peaceful.  Even with other people walking around you felt totally isolated among these lights.  It was truly just gorgeous!  You then rounded the corner into this lit up forest with moving and changing lights that took my breath away!  I could have stayed in there for hours!

It seriously felt like walking through space!



The colors were just magnificent!


I love this shot!

My peeps looking like they're greeting ET!

Hi Noel!




So rad



The last display was a pixel thing.  It was pretty cool but after coming off that friggin amazing forest it seemed underwhelming! Ha ha!





Terri running from the poo after she got scolded by the British Woman
The last display was these super pretty red lanterns strung through a Zen Garden.  Another place I could have parked it for hours.  So pretty!  My pictures make them look pink for some reason but I swear they were red!





I called these the Boob Lights

A favorite shot


Water Reflections


The entire night was absolutely beautiful!  Some of us attempted to meet up for dinner afterward, but apparently there was an event with a parade or something that caused a bit of chaos so our carpools got separated.  But me and Taylor and Noel hit up a delicious sushi restaurant and finished off the night right!  Such a perfectly lovely evening!!!

No comments: