Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Coffee Meets Bagel...

Yup.
That's the name of the latest dating app I tried.
I'm already over it.
My takeaways:

First of all the name...I mean, ok I can kind of see the cute factor but really?  I was trying to look at it for the originality of the name but let's be real.  It's lame.  You should have see the eye rolls I got when I told people the name of it.



It's a free app, but you can buy more "beans".  Get it?  Beans.  Sigh.  It pulls from your Facebook but you can edit it.  When someone looks at your profile it'll list your Name (only given to you when you "match"), Age, Location, Ethnicity, Height, Religion, Occupation, Employer, Education.  Then you fill in the "I am..." the "I like..." and the "I appreciate when my date...".  You can put up to 9 pictures.  It will also tell you if you have mutual friends on Facebook but you have to pay with "beans" to find out who that is.

Then at noonish each day your sent 1-6 "Bagels".  You can like or pass and if they like you too you're matched.  You have to send the 1st email and you're timed.  If the dude responds back then you have a chat window in the app that only lasts a week.  It basically pushes you to exchange digits.  I did like that part.  I mean shit or get off the pot right?

Then you're also sent a bunch of other "Bagels" that if you're interested in them you can buy them with beans.  Lord.  It will tell you if they "liked" you but you don't see much on these.  Plus you only see the main picture which half the time you can't even see the damn guy because he tried to get creative.

There are other features, and a lot of other features you can purchase but it's a bit confusing and I didn't bother trying to figure all that shit out.

Coffee Meets Bagel:
  • There are ALOT of Asian men.  I don't know why.  Maybe they like bagels.
  • There are ALOT of religious people.  I got mainly Christians.  I assume that's because my thing says Spiritual not Religious so maybe I didn't get the hardcore religious dudes.  Maybe religious people like bagels.
  • I will say this did not feel like a "hook up" site.  The dudes at least filled out all the stuff and had plenty of pictures so that shows me they put in the effort.
  • Sometimes the dudes I could buy with beans would pop up on my free daily 6.  So if you're patient they may come back.
  • I didn't "Like" a lot of people and I rarely heard from the dudes I did.
  • I matched with a dude who worked at Chapman.  We didn't seem like we'd be compatible dating wise, but I figured we could be work friends.  So we met up for a drink and BAM - possible work friend, so that's cool.
  • There's a filter to set to choose preference of age, distance and ethnicity for the dudes but it's only for the ones you have to buy with beans. So the handful they send you daily is a total crapshoot.  It also resets every day - because according to CMB they want you to keep your options open.  Really CMB?  You want to tell me what I want? 
  • I did go on a date with a British Dude who was really cool and I enjoyed our date, but he wasn't interested in me.  So I did get one date out of it. (Funny side note - I told him about Bumble on our date, he said he wasn't familiar with that one.  Guess who showed up my damn Bumble today.)  I'M RUNNING OUT OF MEN!
  • The site emails you and sends you notifications on your phone.  It's kind of annoying.  
  • It has a "Tips" section but it's literally the same tips all the time. 
So, Coffee Meets Bagel - FAIL.
I got bored with it really fast.  They did not send me good matches at all.  Most days I passed on every one.

I think my next venture before I dive into a paid one will be OK Cupid.  I haven't really tried that one yet.  So - you'll probably see another blog.

Fuck.

Where is my person?!

No comments: