Sunday, January 1, 2017

2016 Recap...

Ok....
2016 has been a pretty shit-tastic year for everyone.
Trump is our new president.  Hell...typing that sentence makes me feel like this:
via GIPHY

So let's just hit the good highlights here shall we and just close our eyes to the bad (ugh all the bad) for just this blog.  Shall we?  Maybe add some good pics.  Happy?  Ignore the fact that most of us want to do this?

via GIPHY

Moving on....

The good of 2016 - for me anyway! :)

  • Had a very cold but fun trip to D-land with the ladies


  • I turned 40
  • I met Henry Rollins

  • Did an Undie Run for charity

  • Did Tully's Irish Spirit Run and wasn't sick!

  • Saw Shan tie the knot!

  • Saw Susan tie the knot...well...binded...

  • This one was bitter sweet....it was my lil bro's 10 year wedding anniversary but also a goodbye party.  So-obvi - thrilled about the 10 years, not happy about the goodbye.

  • Probably the top highlight of 2016 was Bottlerock Napa.  You read the blogs.  EPIC.  If I could afford it I would so go again.  The lineup announcement is in a couple of days and I may cry because I know it's going to be so hard not to whip out my credit card and go again but dammit if I didn't have an amazing time with the 2 T's!

  • Rugged Maniac is always a favorite race.  And this may have been my last...but I went out with a bang - doing it with all the boys!

  • Did another race with one of my favorite couples

  • Saw the Dead & Company with my fellow Deadhead girlfriends

  • Halloween is always my favorite time of year and this year the top 3 were Delusion, Horror Nights and WeHo.  Such a blast!



  • Got my Phoenix tattoo.
  • Started a photo group that I'm really hoping continues.  It's brand new and we have some awesome regulars so far (If you're interested - contact me).  I'm posting my photo challenges on my other blog. So there's a smidge of creativity!  http://jamikatphoto.blogspot.com/

  • Took a super fun cooking class with T

  • Had a perfect Thanksgiving

  • Saw Maryanne tie the knot

  • Got to have Xmas for a second with Shane and D



So there it is friends.  The highlights.  The good.  All of the above have corresponding blogs that you can go back and read for deets.  If I start talking about the bad I'll burst into tears.  We've lost a lot of beautifully talented artists.  I lost my gramma.  My dating game is a joke. I lost my brother to Oregon.  Politics are UGLY.  The world is a mess.  But you know what -

It's been a rough start -

But dammit - let's do this.

2017 - I'm ready.  I'm going in a little more on the ready to fight mentality and the focusing my anger towards good.  We'll get through this.  My friends I love you.  My family I love you.  It's time to focus on bettering myself, accepting myself for who I am, for not worrying about what others think, for learning how to live my life without a partner, to get out of debt, to move to a better place, to maybe take a different career path, to get more art in my life even if I can't get onstage, to love, to learn and to laugh.  Let's what 2017 has to offer.












No comments: