Monday, March 14, 2016

Irish Spirit Run 2016...

I wasn't sick this year!!!!

Year one - barfed.  Couldn't even get there I was so sick.

Year two - Wasn't feeling good but went anyway - next day found out I had strep throat and an upper respiratory infection.

This year - Fab!!!

So that was awesome.

Anywhoo - started off at the usual - Stadium Tavern.  Pre drinking (mimosas for myself), checking in with our fearless leader and hugs and laughs and catching up with friends.

I'm a thug

Besties


They are always dressed the cutest!



Me love mimosa




Round 10:45 we're off!  Walkers head one direction, us runners head the other.  Now - I'd like to point out this year - I ran!  We were doing such a super slow trot that I was actually totally fine keeping up!  I was also doing a bit better than Shane which of course busted out the sibling rivalry.  When I realized I was in better shape than I thought I had a huge burst of energy and Shane and I started racing each other.  We ended up at the head of the pack and took a selfie for proof!

1st place!
That of course didn't last long because Mr. Tully may not admit he's competitive but totally is and flew by me at the very last stretch before stop #2!


I'm winning!

Nope
Joe's was our second stop and the beers were waiting.

I ended up giving mine to Keith and Shane to share.  I told Bob to not bother having wine for me this time except at one place because the running with the wine just doesn't quite work.  You can't really "down" wine.  After the name was drawn and the gal did her toast we were off again!

Hi Holly!

My best photo bomb
Third stop was my favorite - Hopscotch Tavern.  Here is where I had my delicious glass of wine!


Best pic of Bob eva and weirdest one of me


After this Tully had our stop at his truck for jello shots! I passed but got a picture of David looking adorable!


Off we went for our 2nd to last bar.  Olde Ship.  For some reason the chick working was not too happy with us.  Apparently the manager didn't talk to her but we didn't stay here too long since she was so rude.  I have a feeling Tully won't have them on the route next year.

Creeper Keith

After here was the fun stop at Suzannes where she's ready for us with shots, fake tattoos, water and this year - cupcakes!!!!
This little one was seriously the cutest damn thing!!!

Group photo!
Final lap!



Shane and I did a final sprint at the end which almost killed us both.



Then Branagans is where we end!  Unfortunately this year there was a big party so we didn't get our usual area, but we had fun none the less!  Bob had his friend whose a cellist come play and she was lovely!


Pretty pretty princess


Finishers!



Bromance

Terri, Keith, Katie and I landed back at Hopscotch later for an early dinner.  Super fun time!  Thanks to Tully for putting it all together!!






No comments: