Monday, March 14, 2016

Beautiful...

My dear friend Fatima tagged me in a little photo challenge thingie on Facebook (These are all the rage now and I love them!).  I usually do photo challenges on my Photo Blog but this particular one got me thinking a little more.  The tag line was: "I got nominated by so and so for the "I'm Beautiful The Way I Am" Challenge.  Here are my 5 photos. If I tag you, that means I nominated you.  I'm asking you to upload 5 photos of yourself where felt the most beautiful in then nominate 30 women that you think are beautiful.  Build yourself up, not down!!! Let's see all that beauty!!"

What a lovely thought!  What a lovely message!  So I'm re-inventing it a bit and am going to post more than 5.  I want to share some of the times and moments, that happened to be captured on film, that made me feel beautiful!  Because Godammit if we shouldn't be sharing the love of ourselves more!  So here goes!

I was a pretty happy kid.  This pumpkin was a favorite thing I'd drag around.  I loved to play outside.  I loved flowers, animals and dirt.  This was before I even know what beautiful was.
Beautiful - Innocence

I had weird hair, braces and wasn't one of the "Pretty Girls" growing up.  But when I got into sports I found something I was really good at.  I felt beautiful and empowered.  This is me as a Freshman in High School when I got onto the tennis team.  This was around the time I was having a really hard time and had already been experimenting with drugs, boys, getting in trouble, etc.  But it all went away when I played.
Beautiful - Activity

My marriage may have not worked out but my wedding was amazing.  I felt like a princess the whole day.  This is one of my favorite pictures.  Look at how my Papa is looking at me.  I miss him so much!  That was truly a wonderful day.
Beautiful - Princess for a Day
 




This picture was taken at Jessica/Steven's wedding.  Terri and I were bridesmaids and we are all having so much fun in this picture, oblivious to being photographed.  A great moment captured!  Beautiful - Pure Joy
I love photography.  I'm super self conscious about it but I keep at it.  I want to get back to it again, especially now that I've found out some of my pictures actually have inspired some.
Beautiful - Doing something you love
I'm a proud ally.  I had been dying to do one of these photo shoots and was afraid I'd have to miss this one due to my hemorrhage recovery I was in the midst of.  Luckily I was able to go.
Beautiful - Fighting for the rights of people you love
Speaking of the hemorrhage, I should have died.  I didn't.  I was in the lucky 10% of people who survive one of these.  This was my 1st time outside the house - about a month later.  My mom had brought out a comfy chair for me to sit in so I could watch the fireworks.  This was my 1st glass of wine as well!  Terri caught this significant moment.
Beautiful - Survival
Another Terri special.  Yes, this is filtered alot but I felt beautiful this day.  We were celebrating the wedding of Sean/Dea - two people I love dearly and I felt a bit like a superstar.
Beautiful - Dressing up!
I have many race photos but I love this one.  That girl next to me is who inspired this blog!
Beautiful - Strength
Me and my Pisces Princesses happened upon this guy at a brunch that turned out to be a blues brunch.  Terri (She's caught me alot!) captured me enjoying being serenaded by Rabbi Blue
Beautiful - Music
I love being a guinea pig for photographers.  I'm no model but I sure feel like one!  This was one of David Beatty's experiments.  I love it.
Beautiful - Sometimes anyone can be a model
I'm in my element.  I had a unforgettable trip to Napa with my best friend and asked her to shoot this picture of me walking through one of my favorite wineries.
Beautiful - Wine Lover
My friend and I went on a hike one holiday and I wanted to capture the moment.  It was so quiet and peaceful.
Beautiful - Nature
My 1st show back onstage after my hemorrhage. I was terrified.  I played Ophelia in a re-imagination of Hamlet.  I've found I'm able to tap into my emotions better than I ever have in my life and was able to perform one of my best performances to date.
Beautiful - Acting

Everyone is beautiful.  It's time to face it friends!  You're beautiful!  Embrace it.  Own it.  Build each other up with love, compassion, and kindness.  Let's show that beauty! 

No comments: