Thursday, December 3, 2015

Show Update...

Well we're already in tech week!

Hell we open tomorrow!

I'm just starting to get a bit nervous.  We apparently are having an invited preview crowd tonight and I'm terrified but also glad to maybe do this thing in front of people.  So here's my usual tech week gibberish via bullet points and pictures because I'm so exhausted!

  • Our rehearsal schedule was quite brisk.  We only rehearsed two nights a week which was fine for me since I live so far, but a bit nerve racking since I do feel we are under rehearsed. 
  • I'm a goddamn amateur amongst some of these veteran comedians! 
  • Our 1st night with lights and sound and some people laughing completely through me off and I was flubbing lines left and right!  I'm not good at getting things thrown at me.  Improv is not my strength.
  • I still feel a bit like the outsider but I'm starting to get to know some of the peeps and they are all very cool.  
  • Although I do feel like an old lady since a bunch of them are total night owls and go out after rehearsal!  On a week night!  When I'm like "Peace Out!" as I shoot out the door to try to get home and make sure to get as much sleep as I can in before work the next morning.
  • Our costumer rules.  She's got a zillion things running through her head and it's fascinating to watch her work.
  • Jamie doesn't get mad often, but the night the projector didn't work I saw mad Jamie.  I was worried.
  • We have the zaniest and wackiest sound cues.
  • My intro music is rad - It's the Jimi Hendrix riff of Foxy Lady but instead of Foxy they say Dixie!
  • I really hope I can get my shit together.  I feel totally un-funny.
  • Although Jamie is loving my sarcasm I've thrown in and my melodramatic tear bit got a good laugh last night.
  • Jessica is a godsend as our stage manager. 
  • We have these video intros that are downright hilarious!  Like the cheesy 70's "your caught now smile" ones!   OMG I LOVE THEM!
  • Jamie directing is so fun.  He obviously loves the melodramatics!  
  • I'm a total amateur.  I'm terrified.  I want to be hilarious.  EEEEEEEK!
  • Calli has the perfect voice for Tricia LaRue
  • Sally is the cutest damn thing
  • Rob has amazing physical comedy skills
  • I did this rad gun spin thing that was perfect until we videoed it.  I never got it right.  Sigh.
  • Joe is hilarious.
  • It's always amazing to me how amidst a bunch of chaotic nuttiness a show can actually come together! 
  • This is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo different than my last show and I love that!
  • I'm a different kind of nervous this time around.  Not as intense but still getting butterflies.
  • Long Beach is far.  Especially when it's 11:30pm at night and I just want to get to bed.
  • I'm still not sure how we're all going to fit backstage.
  • We have a talking alligator.
  • The audience can throw tomatoes at us (stuffed ones) but apparently I usually get flowers thrown at me.  Awwwwww!
  • There is a space battle.
  • As tired as I am and as far as Long Beach is for me I am having a total blast!

Rehearsin

Oooo the sign is up!

Might be my favorite picture of Paul ever!
And there it is...the Cyclone Racer.
 TECH WEEK!

Hell Week Begins

Costumes coming together!

He might actually be Elvis

The madness

Monday Night ended up being mostly video stuff

Jamie making the TIME MACHINE

Our intros!

Look it's me!

Tonight's rehearsal I saw these little hot air balloons added!  So cute!

Dixie coming together!

Next update will be during or after the run of the show!  Send good vibes!!  Excited to make people laugh again!!!  Squeeeaaaallll!!!!

No comments: