Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Color Run 2015...

I realized I forgot to post this!

So - I did the Color Run the weekend after I did Rugged Maniac.  I swore I was never going to do the Color Run again because that crap is hard to get off your skin.  Especially the blue!  But Julie said she was bringing her kids and now you get a medal and come on its just in Huntington Beach.  Sigh.  Ok.

The big thing this year was "Shine".  They actually had a color station that was supposed to make you shine.  It sort of gave you a metallic look.  I high fived a kid and my hand looked like the Tin Man.

Danelle and I arrived to meet up with Holly, Julie and the kiddos and we took some before pictures.







The course was a little weird.  It was just an out and back, but they couldn't close off the area so random people were walking amongst the runners.  A little odd.  Holly and Danelle headed out to run and I stayed back with Julie and the kids.  They stuck to the stroller for the most part but whenever we would come up to a color station Chase would get out and run and it was my job to keep up with him.  He was adorable and fast! Ha!  I did my best not to get too blasted with color but he loved it.

I didn't want to pay for the pictures since I'm broke as hell, but Julie snagged the water mark version and you can sort of get the idea of what we did most the race!

After we hit the finish line, we checked out the area but not for too long.  We all had crap to do that day.  It was a cute set up though.  Lots of vendors and some really cute photo stations.  It was just wayyyyyyy crowded.  We took a few after photos:



And that was it!  Quick, fun and I loved watching the kids get so excited at the color stations!  I was able to actually wash all the crap off this year, but I think for sure this time....this will be the last time! :)


No comments: