Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Halloweenie Shenanigans...

My whirlwind October has officially come to an end!  Didn't pack as much events in as last year, but I do think I partied just as hard if not harder!

First off - check out this rad house I saw one night walking around looking for Halloween decor:



Let's start with Jody's Walking Dead Party!

My dear friend Jo is probably one of the biggest Walking Dead fans out there.  For her birthday her and her bestie Heather got together (with the help of almost all my moms Halloween decor) and threw the themed birthday party!  Complete with zombie themed foods, guests were encouraged to dress up as characters from TWD or zombies.  I was a little disappointed in the participation but was pretty damn proud of my costume I put together last minute based on the episode the Sunday prior.  This was my inspiration:

Carol in disguise as a Wolf

And here's (with the help of my sister in law) what I came up with:

Not bad eh?

Here is me and the birthday girl!

And also a noteworthy costume was this dude -

He actually burnt pieces of cardboard and latexed them to his face.  Very impressive.  There was a dude dressed as Dale, Heather was Carl, T was a "new mom" get it...zombie.  But that's really about it.  A few others were a bit zombified but that was it.  Party was lovely though and Jody had a great time!

Just the next day was the lovely Sharon's baby shower.  Not only a shower but a Halloween themed baby shower!  Super cute!!!  Check out the faboo decor!

Every table had a different spooky centerpiece!  So cute!






Major props to the gals who put it on.  It was yummy catered food and free wine!  Yay!  A really wonderful afternoon drinking, eating, and catching up with girlfriends!










Next up was the Huntington Haunt Experience.  Julie had seen this advertised and we jumped on board.  I have to say - it's got a bit of work to go but it was fun!  My expectations weren't super high so I think I enjoyed it more than the rest of our crew.  The marketing was fantastic.  They posted pictures like this:


Cool right?!

Well - we hit it on the 1st night, which was a Wed evening.  They had a whole area set up which was cool.  Beer/wine garden, some food vendors and a few vendors selling spooky goodies!  It was totally dead (pun intended) but I think that's because it was a weird night.  When it was time, you lined up outside the Newland House.  They only let you in as small groups.  Our group was actually 9 so we all were together by ourselves which was nice.  Julie and the hubs, Jody, Taylor, our friend Megan from work and 3 of her friends.  As we walked in we were greeted by a tour guide of sorts who took us into the house.  It smelled so old and musty and reminded me of my great grandma's place!  I wish there was more light because I actually would have liked to see the house a bit.  When we went outside there was somewhat of a story line.  A bride had lost her groom and warned us to stay away from her family.  It was interactive and we had to find her bouquet  - (which I did!).  We then went on and were attacked by her family.  Our group was split up and shoved into different rooms where everyone apparently got a different experience.  I was surprised to see the lady who grabbed me was my friend Brenda!
Brenda!
So we pretty much just jumped up and down and hugged each other.  We were then led into a maze that was actually a maze and we had to find our way out.  There were little scares here and there but that was about it.  I had a wonderful time but actually would have liked it to be longer.  I think once they work out the kinks they will have a really great event on their hands!



Last up is Halloween Weekend.  This girl went to WeHo!

Jay had rented a place just a street over from the boulevard.  I headed up Friday morning to make sure I was parked, there and didn't have to worry till I headed home!

Friday we spent running a few errands and pretty much just lounging around and getting ready for Saturday.

Snug as a bug in a rug!

BABIES!
We had lunch at this wonderful chicken place he loves then he took me around the town a bit showing me some really cool stuff around the area.

Rad sculpture in the beautiful library in WeHo!
Painted on the side of a parking structure


Puppy love!


That night we headed to The Abbey for dinner.  Mind you I had probably already consumed an entire bottle of champagne throughout the day and was having wine at the abbey.  This girl was feeling good!  I had brought a bunch of little Halloween goodies that we were all wearing.

Jay's sister Kim and friends

Me and Susie


Shock Family
Saturday arrived and people started to arrive!

We did this most of the weekend


Matt & Jeff

Eric arrived!

I got this glass especially for this weekend!
We took a walk on the boulevard to grab some grub and check it out before the masses showed up.  Again, we'd been snacking and drinking all day!  Haven't done this in a long time!





Tai Love

Tai Love
Evening falls and the prepping begins!

Jay got this rad AHS cake made

E was our makeup artist

Puppy!



I didn't grant his wish to be a real boy!

Hello Kitty Thor ready to hit the Blvd.

Jackson helped Jay shoot while he was in costume


Nope.  Not preggers.  Just standing weird. LOL
Basically how we did it was this - Jay went out and shot the parade from about 5-7ish.  This was the time most of us got ready.  He came back and we all went out together in costume.  Around 9 most of us returned and Jay changed back into street clothes to shoot and we all headed out again.  I got totally separated from everyone at this point. I didn't take many pictures since my phone takes crappy ones at night.


Shot by Jay.  One of our Sally O'Malleys


Da boys


After I got separated I basically just hung out for a while people watching and looking for really great costumes.  I was a bit disappointed this year and didn't really see anything that blew me away.  I also didn't see alot of Pop Culture references.  If I do this next year I think I'll hit the Blvd. earlier and see some of the stage shows too!!  Around 11:30ish my feet were killing me so I headed back.

This little fairy was fucking tired and trying to take a moon shadow picture

I rolled in about midnight and Eric was there.  The Tai sisters weren't far behind me and then rolled in Jeff and Matt.  Since we couldn't get in the main house (Jay had locked it up) we hit the pool!



By this time everyone was starting to fade.  I'd say it was getting close to 2am.  The only ones left awake were Jeff and I.  Again - we were stuck outside so we just hung out and chatted.  It was so surreal!  From 11:30 until about 3am I'd say the sirens never stopped.  We heard screaming and yelling and all kinds of chaos outside the walls as we chilled in the serene backyard.  We joked that it was like The Purge or the Apocalypse out there.  It was seriously like straight out of a movie.  Around 1:30 I called Jay again and finally got a hold of him.  He was on his way back.  Thank GAWD!  We were getting worried! ha ha!  I can't express here how trippy it was listening to the chaos around us - yet none where we were.  Friggin awesome.

Jay got back and everyone passed out in their respective beds except Jeff, Jay and I.  We stayed up cleaning and chatting for another hour or so until I finally was about to collapse.

The next morning the Tai sisters and I got some brekkie and I hit the road back home about noon exhausted and happy.  It was just a short trip but felt like I was gone longer.  I loved getting some one on one time with Jay on Friday and getting plenty of puppy love in with the babies.  Then Saturday was party non stop from the second I hopped out of bed!  Thank you to Jay for being the hostess with the mostess!



No comments: