Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The start of the year...

Well I have to say - I'm on the right track so far.
Yes it's only the 3rd, but here I am.
I've started the "Writers Book of Days" blog, as planned. Have written all 3 days! The interesting thing is it's just like the book said. I just am to "show up to the page". Just write. Sometimes it will be poems, sometimes a story with characters, sometimes ramblings; sometimes it will be great, sometimes it will suck. Yes, I've only done this for 3 days, but for instance - todays blew. I don’t even know why I wrote what I did! I also have noticed they're pretty short. But I'm ok with it all. It'll come. I'm already quite interested that I've written what I have...I never write stories with characters, so the fact that 2 out of 3 have dialogue...well...interesting! I'm really going to try to stick to this. It will be hard, but I already have my follower (One of my most supportive/dedicated blog readers :)) to keep me in check if I start to slack. (I count on you to nag me if I lag Miss R!)
I met with a new therapist tonight. I already like her better than my last one. I'm truly hoping I'll click with her and she can really help me out.
I haven’t deleted my OK Cupid profile yet, so there's a plus.
I exercised quite a bit over my vacation which made me proud to actually do it when the temptation to lie on the couch and watch ANTM reruns was so tempting.
I'm a little bummed out I'm going to miss my 1st 4 boxing burn classes, but it's for good reasons. My Soul at Home yoga pass is spilling into the 1st couple of classes here. I'm ok with it; because there is a Power Yoga class I really like that I'm considering actually signing up for if I can afford it. (I'm using a groupon right now). I also plan on taking my friends class to throw a little support her way. I had to make a therapy appointment for one of the nights, but I do plan on letting the gal know I can’t do Mon/Wed in the future. Then I'm most excited about a photography class my friend and I signed up for. Another groupon of course, but it basically is supposed to teach you how to use your fancy smacny camera! I have this beautiful piece of equipment that has too many bells and whistles for this old skool girl and this groupon is one night of teachings, then one day field session. I'm super excited for that. So yes, boxing burn will suffer, but I'll be back full swing again soon.
There's a zumba class I'm testing out Sat morning, and a Hula class I'm testing out Sunday. That's right...lil dancing...I LOVE VARIETY!
I also have an indoor rock climbing class I signed my sis and me up for a while back that we will be doing here right quick as well. I CANT WAIT for that one! I know I'm going to have a ball climbing around.
I have art walk coming up Fri, and a trip to the Huntington coming up in a couple of weekends I'm also looking foward too.
January/February are usually rough months for me. I'm happy to report that I'm already flying at them with gusto. Again, I know it's only January 3rd, but I'm blogging about this now because I'm off to a good start and I want to keep it up dammit!!!!
Now if I could just win the lottery....


Oh and did I mention I fucking love the fact that the picture below is me...in January...in a tank and on my bike. I love SoCal!!!! This is my kind of winter!


No comments: