Sunday, October 10, 2010

San Clemente...




San Clemente means so many different things to me. It's the place I think I'm meant to bee - maybe I'll retire here - Someday - I'm not sure.
I was concieved here, yes...I know that, it maybe be odd but I do. At San Clemente State Beach on a rainy night in a little tent trailer I was created. My mom has been camping here for 45 years or so. Grandma & Papa used to camp w/mom and her sister. Here I come along and mom and dad continued the tradition. We camped here when I was a child up into my adulthood. I brought friends and boyfriends and even the ex husband. My ex-douche & I were married at Casa Romantica - so perfect as the city means so much to me. Although the marriage fell to pieces the wedding day was perfection, ending with red tide at Casa Tropicana in a jacuzzi with a bottle of wine gazing out into the ocean. As age dealt its bitter hand to grandma & papa - they & mom purchased a time share right above the pier. We have come down a week a year ever since. Mom & I always, sometimes together, sometimes alone. Grandma & Papa always down for a day or two or three. This is the 1st year they couldnt come down. Mom stayed the week with her friend and I joined for Sat into Sunday. Due to the new job, that was all the time I could do this year.
As I sit on our balcony listening to the waves crash on the shore drinking a glass of one of my favorite reds my mind wanders. Many friends have come down in the years past and boyfriends too, getting a taste of my true peace. I dont know what it is about it but I love it here. I love to hear the ocean and go to sleep with the sound of its power filling my ears as I drift off. I love to have my oysters at Fisherman's Wharf. I love to drink my wine all night on the balcony. I love to watch the sun set into the vast ocean filling the sky with pinks and oranges. This is where I get away. Where I escape. Where (and probably the only time) I can relax. I hope someday to share this with the love of my life. I yearn for that, I do. I think of friends who I have lost, who have fallen out of my life and how much I think they would love this. It hurts my heart. I think of my friends I've shared long conversations with out here and I smile. I'm so thankful for those who love me. The ocean crashes. The sea calms me. I'm ok. I know that someday I will find that peace, that happiness that I long for, that I get a taste of in moments like these. I have a very strong feeling that some how San Clemente will play a huge part in that. Because it makes me happy. I could sit on this balcony all night long. God do I love to hear the song of the ocean. My home. My love My peace.

No comments: