Thursday, May 12, 2022

Baseball...

I haven't been to a ballgame in quite a while.
No reason really, just never get to them.  
My family usually hits the Cubs game once a year when they play down in San Diego.  It's been a few years thanks to COVID, but yesterday we all got to go again!
I forgot how much I really do love watching live sports and how much I get into the game.
I found myself cheering, and screaming and jumping out of my chair in excitement every time the Cubs did something right.  
I used to play softball among other sports, and even though I'm not playing anything now, I do try to stay active.  I am - whether I want to admit it or not - competitive.  I like to win.  And I like my teams to win.
It's probably better I'm not super into sports since I'd probably give myself a stroke getting wrapped up in the games like I did yesterday.
It was so much fun though, and I wanted to jot it down here to remind myself - I friggin love live sports!
 
Pat and I hit the road about 9:30am for the 1pm game.  We planned to meet up with Shane and D for lunch before the game.  This was the 1st Cub game I've gone to since Grandad passed and I wanted to make sure to represent him.  So Pat wore his hat and I wore his jersey in honor of him!
 
Making Grandad Proud

Turning him into a Cubs fan

 D had got us parking passes for a structure right by the stadium, so we parked then met up with them for a delicious brunch.



The rest of the fam (Dad, Lori and Jon)  met up with us and off to the game we went.  After one little snafu - (they said my purse was too big which was total bullshit because I measured it, but since it was full it was too big which is really just those assholes wanting more money because I had sunscreen and water bottles that I now had to fucking buy inside so fuck you Petco Park on that one) - we headed to our seats.  Great seats I may add!

Nice seats!

We then had a wonderful hot day (although the shade graced us about half way through the game) of yelling and cheering and chatting and drinking and just enjoying the good ol' sport of baseball!!

The fam


Daddy and Daughter Cubbie fans!

I did find a wine bar at one point so that made the game a lot better for me!  The Cubs were up and down as per usual but pulled it out and won 7-5!  It was so cool!!  I love Cubs fans!!  Everyone was cheering and high fiving and I swear there were more Cubs fans than Padres fans!


I love Cubs fans

A truly wonderful fun day away!  I really do love hitting up these games every year!






 

No comments: