Monday, February 14, 2022

Lil Valentine's Day Treat and a randon snack...

Welp - I said I want to food blog more - so here we go!

This weekend brought me a couple of new recipes.

Today is Valentine's Day!  Since it falls on a Monday and we have the kiddo, it's not like the boy and I were going to do anything super romantical but I certainly had to bake something themed for the holiday because - well - I'm me!

I will say that yesterday the boy and the kid headed to the store, yelling at me not to ask questions as to why, and came back with this:

Chocolate and Flowers

Very sweet!

Speaking of sweet - I found an interesting recipe I wanted to try for the holiday.  I pinned this.

How cute right?!

I seemed like cheating using a cake mix, but honestly I had a lot of random crap I was cramming in the weekend so I was ok with it.  I altered it a bit due to the fact that the grocery store had no Strawberry Extract and only had the Party Pack of the normal Hershey's Kisses.  Seems the stores are out of random stuff thanks to our wonderful pandemic.  So anywhoo - I now have Hershey Kisses for days (So I'll have to find another Hershey Kiss Recipe) and I used Vanilla Extract instead of Strawberry.  Honestly the Strawberry Cake Mix was enough for flavor I would think.

Here we go!

Here we go!

So I liked the idea of freezing the kisses.  I've had issues of them melting on cookies before so this was super helpful.  You're supposed to put the dough in the refrigerator for an hour and I can understand why.  The dough was super sticky and when I was rolling them up into balls, my hands warmed it up and I had to re-refridgerate the dough again.

Sticky dough

Ballin these bitches

You don't cook them for super long.  I was surprised how gooey they came out.  When I put my little tester in there it kept coming out clean, but they're so soft!  It's almost like they're underbaked, but they didn't taste that way.  The kisses when on so easy!

How cute right?!

I had the kid and Pat try them - and since we're all super in the Great British Baking Show right now, Pat gave me his best Paul Hollywood judging.

Next time I'm making him do a British Accent

All in all they came out pretty good!  Very rich.  Very gooey.  But tasty!  You gotta like strawberries though.  So yay!


Next recipe is kind of random.  Mom gave me a Spaghetti Squash.  I didn't really know what to do with it, and since I was home this weekend I thought I'd throw something together.  I took bits from this recipe, but didn't totally follow it.  I had some leftover chicken and a jar of pesto so I used that instead of following the recipe totally.

It was pretty good!  Very healthy.  I love pesto, so I enjoyed it but some may find it a little bland.  Made for a good lunch for me on Sunday!

What the hell do I do with this?

I see why it's called spaghetti squash

Healthy lunch!

So there we go!

A couple of new recipes that came out pretty good!

Yay food!



No comments: