Tuesday, October 29, 2019

War of the Worlds...

So.  I did a play.

I had agreed to do this play during my favorite time of year for a multitude of reasons:

  • I knew and loved the director
  • It was only one weekend
  • I had back to back weddings during my favorite month so I was losing Halloween Fun Time anyway, so maybe this was just to be a limited Halloween Fun Time Year
  • I loved the concept that the director pitched to me
  • My good friend Tully was in it
  • It was a radio show - so we'd have our lines in front of us, hence - less anxiety
  • The theater was freakin cool!
  • I've been dying to get back onstage again
Unfortunately most of this did not pan out and it was actually not a very good experience.  I will not go into specifics here, but let's just say the concept didn't happen, there was a lot of miscommunication between everyone involved and there was lots of offstage drama, among some other BS and blah blah blah.

BUT - there was some good stuff and that's what I'm going to share here.

1st of all - the people who did get out to see it - really enjoyed it!  I'm not going to lie - I didn't promote it as much as I normally would have because of all the frustrations and it wasn't what I signed on for, but I did promote it a bit towards the end and a few peeps came out.  A bunch of co-workers, my mom (of course - she'd come even if I told her not too) and Keri, Pat, his mom and his little and my friend Noel!  There were a few other theatre friends that knew bunches of us in the show that came out that was nice to see as well.  And everyone who came seemed to dig it, so that made me feel alot better about the end product.

And there was a photo booth....

How cute is my mom?!
2nd - our costumer used to work with us back in the old Rude Guerilla days and would bring her little girl when she would do costumes.  This little darling Bailey would run around the dressing rooms and play with us when Heather would be there and guess what - SHE'S NOW 18!  And doing hair and makeup!  So guess who did our hair!!!?  Yup - the little girl who used to run around the dressing room.  And she's damn good!


That's gonna be my hair!

So rad!!!

I did meet some very cool peeps - especially this one -

Roxanne
We pulled it together and ended up putting on a cute show.  People dug it.  I did enjoy moments for sure.  My favorites were the folks that were super familiar with the original broadcast and you could here their responses during the show.  I'm always going to love live theater.  What can I say :)

Amber shot these great photos below! You can follow her IG at @claudiusthegod23




I think this is my favorite picture




I'm glad it came together and that people dug it and I'm always glad to get back onstage!

1930's Olive Thomas

Another one in the books!!!



No comments: