Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Some more hiking. Some more caching.

I love that this is something I do all the time now.  I never used to be this regular of a hiker/nature walker and now I'm always wanting to be in nature.  I also am ALWAYS thinking of "Where can I find my next cache?!" Ha!  In fact I just renewed my yearly membership last week (Thank you boyfriend for my Xmas present).

1st up was a little hike with mom at Irvine Park.  I always forget that Irvine Park actually has some really great hikes in the back - not just a park!  They also have a bunch of caches!  I've found some, but there's still more!  Mom and I had a 2 for 5 day.  The 3 we couldn't find I blame on the overgrowth from all the rains.  I plan to head back when they're a bit easier to get too. 


Found you!

Happy Trail Flowers


Mom working on her balance

Can you see the cache?


Loved the texture!
Sometime later, mom and I found ourselves here again for a little quickie walk and BAM!  Found the tree cache I couldn't find before!
There you are!

So there's this cache behind Walgreens.  I have always wanted to go grab it, but it seems difficult based on the posts.  Then I kept seeing people say they found the decoys but not the cache.  I'm like WTF are they talking about?  Well one night I was picking up a prescription and it was kind of dead so I thought - I'll grab it real quick!  There it was...so easy - BUT NO!!!

WTF?!?!?!?!
So I've had my 1st decoy, and now I need to go back and find the actual damn thing.  But it's a high traffic area so I'm not sure when!!  DOH!  I WILL FIND YOU!

My friend Stacey and I did a lovely mindfulness walk then hit DTSA for brunch - but on the way I knew of a little library cache!!  So of course we made a quick detour.


I love these little free libraries!!!!

He was watching me the whole time...
Another night of my friend Cesar and I out walking his dogs and I thought I'd try again to find one I hadn't been able to find before - GOT IT!!

BAM!
My next adventure was with my "Hubs" Justin.  We get together every month or so for a Play Date.  Since he lives up in Glendale we trade off going to each other's world.  I was due up his way and asked him to pick out a cool hike we could do before we did our usual wander of Glendale.  He suggested Eaton Canyon.  It was so pretty!!!!!  There was a waterfall at the end and you feel like you're hiking out in the wilderness it's so lush!  The only downfall is it's a pretty popular hike so getting there early is ideal.  It was a bit crowded when we were coming back out, but still a beautiful hike!

The hubs tends to overpack for a 3 mile hike...


 We looked for only 2 caches on the trail since it was so crowded and didn't find one but did find the other!

There's a cache in there!!
I found it!

The hike was just gorgeous!




You do have to cross over this little river a bunch of times

Made it to the water fall!!





Magnificent



Always taking pictures!

These smelled sooooooooooooooo good!!!!

There a cache in there?



We then landed in our usual spot on Brand Street and wandered and ate and drank.  We looked for 4 caches but only found 1!!!  It was super frustrating! Ha ha!! I heard back from a friend of mine who caches and has found the 3 we couldn't, so next time I'm up there - We're looking again!

FOUND ONE!
We gave up and went to sushi

And met a creepy Ben
One night Libby and I went and played tennis at this little tucked away court off Nohl Ranch Road.  We were talking about caching and for fun I looked up to see if there was one near there.  There was!

Found it!

 Last up on my hiking/caching adventures was another trip to Santiago Oaks.  Now, I wasn't totally planning on caching because I know the boyfriend actually wanted to hike and we did need to get back to my place since we wanted to cook.  So I pulled a few up but didn't find them, nor look to hard.  He did take me to a little pocket of the park I had never been to that was super pretty!



Love this shot!
But - on the way out I remembered there was a cache that my mom and looked forever for.  The boyfriend was down to search with me for a 2nd attempt and low and behold!  I found it!!!!!  I think my caching experience has helped...I kinda know what to look for now.


YES!
Cheers to more adventures!!!!


No comments: