Monday, December 3, 2018

Christmas at Aquarium of the Pacific...

I had bought tickets for Pat and his little to join us last summer on one of our Photo Play Dates, but they couldn't make it.  So - we had these tickets we had to use before the end of the year.  I noticed they have a "Christmastime at the Aquarium" so how fun right?!  It was pretty damn adorable.  So, I bought another tix for myself and we hit up the holiday version!  I've never been at Christmastime!

I brought my camera to snap away, but my battery was dying, and as Pat pointed out - "How many pictures do you have of this place?!".  Fair.  So below I tried to snap just the Christmasy stuff - so it's mostly us!

I read they have a Snow Area in the front - well..it's like a tiny little square of snow, so don't get your hopes up for that.

They did have a couple of cute little photo ops:


I of course had to snap a few of my favorite Aquarium Friends:

Leafy Sea Dragon!

Sea Horsey!

Baby Sea Horseys!!
We then watched one of the diver presentations and a few of the divers were wearing Santa Hats!!
Ho Ho Ho!

I want this job

They also had little candy canes in the Eel Garden!!!

Can you even?!
Here's just some fun photos of us:

Chillin with the Penguins

They had "snow" falling for the character photos!  So cute!

My boy and some sharks

I accidentally hit a weird setting on my camera but I kind of love how this came out!

I'm pretty in love with this guy
They of course had Santa!

The best Santa!!!
We planned to feed the Lorkeets.  Now - I was slightly hesitant because these little fuckers can be a bit much, but the little really wanted to.  Welp - they were "Very Hungry" according to the chart and the little was like NOPE the second we got in there and got swarmed.  I feel you girl, so dad took over and he and I got pretty much bombarded by birds.  Super cute but also slightly terrifying:

These birds weren't just hungry - they were Hangry!


They had a little craft for the littles to do:

She made a cute little clothspin snowman!
In between our Aquarium Fun, we wandered across the way to The Pike to lunch and they had some pretty decor!


That's a big tree

She's totally taking after my tongue pics...

In front of The Festival of Trees hashtagging our favorite!
It ended up being a really fun day!  We even watched the Old Skool The Grinch in a little theater they have in the Aquarium that was so awesome and nostalgic. 

Christmastime at the Aquarium is def a thumbs up!!

Yay!





No comments: