Thursday, December 27, 2018

2018 Christmas...

The holidays have come and gone in a whirlwind like they always do.  I always like to try to capture the memories here in my little blog like I always do so I won't forget.

I sent out Xmas Cards this year.

I was able to make one batch of my famous Peanut Butter Balls, but did a fun actual baking day with mom that you'll see below.

I didn't watch all my favorite Christmas movies, but did get a few in.

I saw lots of Christmas lights.

I spent time with friends and family and for the 1st time in a long time - with a boyfriend and it was so lovely!

Caboose got decorated thanks to help from mom!


My funky Grinch like tree

Jody and I hit up the Winter version of the Sawdust Festival in Laguna Beach and I think that needs to happen every year!  Got some great little gifts and had a lovely time!


 Taylor through a super fun Xmas Party!



I had my longtime girlfriends over for what's becoming our annual Xmas Girls Night then walk around and look at Xmas Lights Night.

I made little Grinch Heads!

Ready for the girls

My spread

We just barely fit
Friends for over 20 years



Linda pulled up a little thing on her phone that the cats loved!
Taylor hooked us up with our annual Knotts Merry Farm Trip!


My favorite picture

Love these boys

SoCal Snow!



My dear friend Jennifer came over one night for wine and more Christmas Light Walkin

We decided this was the Snowman King and his army...I want to write a horror flick






Miss Jen!

Patrick/Elise and I took an evening the Sunday before Christmas to check out more Xmas lights!  We went to a really great place in Yorba Linda that's a community on a lake.  They go all out!!!  We then hit up a great little neighborhood in Anaheim Hills, just down the street from his house.


I want to live here








Pat's favorite


A dad and his girl



The Mr. & Mrs. Claus were a bit creepy....
Mom usually tries to a Cookie Baking Day and this year she's got 2 of my best girls as her roomies so they joined in the fun!


Can't bake without a little bubbly!

I was a part of the 'Dolts Annual Xmas Pageant at Stages Theatre

The crew


Naughty Elves backstage
Libby and I always get together and this year we did a brunch at Gypsy Den!

Christmas Eve Patrick took me on a pretty brutal hike to start the day.  It was hard but beautiful!
I love how he humors me...







I kind of love this Xmas picture
Christmas Eve evening, Danelle had Dad, Lori, Patrick and I over to her and Shane's house for a yummy dinner!


I then experienced a first.  Patrick asked me to stay the night at his place with he and Elise and I was able to participate in the whole get ready for Santa/Santa came Christmas morning experience.  There haven't been any littles in our family and I haven't been through something like this since I was the little doing it!  It was really so special and warmed my heart.  The night before she wrote a letter to Santa and left out milk, cookies and carrots for the reindeer.  Then the next morning at 6am on the dot there was a cute little one in a cat onsie hovering in Pat's bedroom doorway.  We got up and Santa had filled her stocking and sent her on a scavenger hunt to find her gift!  I was truly touched to be a part of all of it!

Someone is excited with her gift from Santa
I had plenty of time to then run home, shower and head over to mom's for our Christmas Breakfast she always does with her yummy coffee cake!  Shane and D came over and we did our usual eating, drinking, playing games, watching movies day.  Pat and Elise came by for a little bit and got to experience some of mom's Xmas magic.

Trying to be serious and failing

That's more appropriate!
Later that evening I had a very nice Xmas dinner at Pat's moms house.  She decks the place out just like my mom does!

Exhausted, grateful and happy I collapsed at home and squeezed in one last Christmas movie curled up on the couch with my girls.

White Christmas
Halloween may be my favorite time of year but Christmas is a close second!

I had such a lovely holiday season!  It was definitely a Merry Christmas!




No comments: