Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Delusion, The Blue Blade...

I friggin love this event.

Delusion is one of the most unique theatrical experiences I have ever experienced.
Taylor and I checked it out in 2015 and fell in love.  We went again in 2016.  They didn't do one in 2017 but we hit this year's called The Blue Blade.  The boy and Taylor's friend Megan joined us and they are now fans as well.

This year wasn't as "Horror" as it has been in the past, more Sci-Fi Adventury type.  But still rad!

You're put in groups of 8-10 and taken through the adventure with actors and you're part of the show.

It's in a different location every year, and this year was an abandoned old theater in a not so nice part of LA.  We were a bit sketched to find a good place to grab a bite that Friday night we headed up but stumbled upon a fucking amazing restaurant called Alta.  It was only their 2nd day open and they were AMAZE-BALLS!  Great wine and great food!  We did a family style with Fried Chicken, Shrimp and Grits, Mac & Cheese and Cornbread - everything DELISH!  And the service was rad.  So YAY!

We then headed over to start our Delusion adventure.  You hang out in the patio area with a bar while you wait to start.  We got some drinks and took a few snaps before they took our purses/phones away.

We so cute

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas

It started to sprinkle a bit, but we didn't think much of it.

We were then given our "Mission" and a woman named Josette led us into the back of a White Van where we watched a video about what we were about to embark on.   We were told to follow this guy named Steinhart or something.  We found him and were brought into the building and yelled at for not being subtle.  Heee hee....oops.  We had a ticket we gave to the counter than then gave us this thing that transported us in time.  Megan had to listen on the phone while we got instructions.  Taylor had to climb up some boxes to retrieve some items and on and on.

The acting was fantastic! 

One point we were sent in time with Nazi Generals - this is when we got most separated.  I was pulled into an interrogation room alone with the Nazi lady.  Uh Oh....
It was a great effect - looked like a 2 way mirror.  She had me sitting on a stool and I could see myself and her talking in my ear as she came in and out of the shadows.  I was then given headphones and watched a brainwashing like thing that I saw clues I knew I'd need later.  She then told me to wait for someone to get me but when I heard my boyfriend in the next room yelling for like the 4th time something about a gas mask I assumed I was supposed to go in there. 

There was a robot dude that made us hide and look for all kinds of clues and hints.  We then ran into a young version of the woman we were searching for and taken down below into like a jungle of some sort.  Mayan monsters and a giant wood tiki like statue were there - the statue came to life and protected us.  The young woman then had a map and wasn't sure what to do with it - I shouted "You fold it like so!!"  I had seen that in the video I watched.  I was so impressed with myself!

We were separated a couple of times and apparently Taylor and Megan got to rope swing!!!  We found the Blue Blade and she sent us back to "Our time" and about that time I realized it was over and was so bummed!  It was an hour long but felt like 20 min!

We walked outside to a woman with an umbrella.  What?!  Apparently an epic storm touched down.  Nope - wasn't part of the show!  We then drove home in heavy rain and impressive lighting!  So rad!

My take away - as usual - is SO AWESOME!  I love this event.  The only bummer this time around was the other 2 couples in our group were lame.  One was an older woman who totally slowed us down and had a hard time doing anything and her Norman Bates like son who I think actually believed it was all real.  The other couple were another slower older couple but super obnoxious.  So that was a bit of a let down - but the show was stellar.

We had a lot of participation!  I loved watching Pat and Megan super into it as well!  The acting is so great, the sets are so impressive and the special effects are very cool!  It's unlike something you'll ever do and I highly recommend it!  It's a pretty penny but it's worth it!!!

No comments: