Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Mother's Day with Pirates...

I'm quite late in posting this, because I actually thought I already had!  Ooops!

Anywhoo - awhile back when Mom, Taylor and I were heading to the Boysenberry Festival at Knotts - as we sat in traffic across from Medieval Times and Pirates Dinner Adventure - mom said "We should do one of those for Mother's Day!"  Because of course she did.  My mom will always be a kid at heart.

So - the bro and his wife weren't down, but Taylor's ma wasn't in town so guess who was totally down - that's right - the trio who refuses to grow up!  BOOM - so a hella fun Mother's Day was had.

I was rolling in from Paso that morning to a shack with no hot water, exhausted from the trip but was back out the door before I unpacked (because sometimes I'm still a fucking rockstar) to pick up mom and Taylor for our Mother's Day Adventure.

We decided on Pirates Dinner Adventure because my friend Ed is the "Red Pirate" in the show and I've always wanted to see him and he was performing that day at 4pm.

We arrived in plenty of time to enjoy the pre-show (They suggest arriving an hour or so earlier) and have pics, snacks and drinks.  I splurged a bit and got mom the "Lots of Loot" Package which got her a souvenir photo, a bandana, beads and a flag.  Oh yes - we were going all out!  We were assigned the Purple Pirate (not my friend dammit!) and herded over for a photo.

Pirates for a Day!
 You then head into the lobby area and can enjoy the free apps being passed around (You have to chase after those waiters though, and maybe knock a few children out of the way) and buy drinks at the bar.  I remember the yummy Rose from the Teatro show so I re-visted that, Taylor and mom got fun souvenir cups (Taylors was seriously like a gallon) and we were ready to roll!

Taylor gonna get drunk

Tell me she is not the cutest
They do a cute little pre-show where they introduce the story line and the pirates and your sent off with your pirate to the show to get seated in your section.  Our pirate was the "funny" one.  So yeah - he didn't win.  LOL.  He was the littlest one too, it was hilarious.

Our Purple Pirate!
We took our ready to party selfies:
Selfie Time!

Not drunk...just a dork
Dinner was decent.  We all had chicken.  They came around at one point and asked if we wanted 2nds which I thought was cool.  Mom also got some extra cake for Mother's Day!

The show was hoot - perfect for families.  They're always bringing up kids to participate in various things.  The storyline is cute - kinda cheesy but what you'd expect.  The pirates though are awesome! Fight choreography was fantastic, lots of acrobatic like stuff from rope swinging to spinning around on some crazy contraption, to aerial and more.  There was a little side kick chick who wasn't that great acting wise but an amazing aerialist.  Her and the Green Pirate did a beautiful aerial dance that was unexpected!  I'd say the show was a bit long, but super fun and great effects.  A really great time to take the fam - or if you have a mom like mine!

That's my friend!  Go Ed!  Kick his ass!

I brought mom over to meet Ed

I adore these two more than they'll ever know!
We all had a great time!  I love doing random adventures with these two!!!

Happy Mother's Day Mama!!!!



No comments: