Thursday, May 31, 2018

A Very Carrie Prom Night...

I saw this come across my newsfeed and I was so IN!

There's a great little art house Theater in Santa Ana called The Frida Cinema.  They do all kinds of viewings of older flicks on the big screen and they, along with Horror Buzz got together and put on this adorable event!

They had the lobby decked out with a photo op, then a little crowning of Prom King and Queen before we got to watch the original Carrie on the big screen!  So much fun!

The official "Prom" Photo
 I really wanted to get super decked out in prom attire, but wasn't sure how much people would dress up since I'd never attended one of these events.  Well - we should have decked ourselves out more, because there were some super great couples!!  Plus we probably would have had a way better chance at winning King and Queen!  Aw well.

I did make a bloody boutineer for Patrick.  I ordered a white rose one, then splattered it with red paint.  I was super happy with how it came out.

Sometimes I'm so pleased with myself
I then whipped out my dress from Midsummer Scream last year, borrowed my mom's tiara and dug out a Halloweeny looking Tee for the boy.  I thought we looked pretty damn cute.

We're so cute!
The lobby was adorable!


When you got in the theater it was lit up super festive.  They also had a "spiked punch" for purchase.  I think it had vodka, HC and sprite.



Someone brought a giant balloon thing that was bouncing around

"Punch" and Beer

The "Principal" and "PE Teacher" MC'd the event and played along in character and did a fun little trivia game and gave out some prizes!



The King and Queen were selected then they did a great Carrie tribute!

Rad!


Then the movie played.  It was so cool to see the original up on the big screen!  It was also super fun watching it with a group of fans.  People were cheering and booing at times and it was super rad!

Then I took an after "Prom" selfie because when the hell else am I going to wear a tiara!

I feel this represents me well


Yay for a fantastic date night for us horror junkies!!!



No comments: