Monday, April 23, 2018

Gladiator Rock N Run...

So I stopped doing this race a while ago.  I couldn't really remember why, other than these races are getting expensive, hence the major cut back.  But this one popped up and was right up the street at Angel Stadium.  My friend Fatima was doing it too so why not. 

Unfortunately the race got moved to half a year later - which put Fatima out.  I convinced my friend Mel to give her 1st OCR a try and do it with me.  She was in!  SUCKER!!!  Ha!  J/K of course.  She killed it.

We showed up way early and were quite surprised at what looked to be a pretty low turn out.  We actually hopped in an earlier wave time and off we went.  I was now reminded why I don't do Gladiators anymore.  I'm more of an obstacle girl, and this race is more running and the "obstacles" are mostly just exercise/cross fitty stuff.  Like - Plank for 2 min.  Wall sit for 2 min.  Do burpees with cinder blocks.  Stuff like that.  I mean - it's a way funner work out than going to the gym, but I sign up for these things to do obstacles.  Hence - Rugged will always be my fave.  We were also super disappointed in the lack of volunteers and lack of photographers (which super bummed me out because my little camera broke, so I was hoping Mel could get more!).  It was kind like a ghost town race to be honest.

But - that all aside - Mel and I still had fun!  She did great!  I love helping the virgins through their 1st race.  I think she may even sign up for Rugged now! Yay!  I was pretty proud of myself because I conquered the monkey bars and the Beast Wall!!  I scurried up the cargo net super fast as well.  Mel was quite impressed.  We ended up having a great time.

Pre-Race:

Kiss for the boy

She's excited

Selfie
During Race:
This picture actually made the photo album and the email!  I'm famous!

This was fun!
Post Race:
Dur-tay!

We finished!

Adding another one of these bitches to my collection


Thanks for the shot Mel!
And of course - the best way to end a race is with delicious burgers and booze!!!  (Burgers not pictures - we inhaled them)
Mel captured our booze beautifully!

No comments: