Friday, November 17, 2017

Rugged Maniac 2017 - Renee gets Rugged!

So I've pretty much retired from OCR's.  They've got to be a bit pricey.  But - every now and again I still may find myself throwing on my Weeple Army Shirt and hitting the mud.  Rugged Maniac IS my favorite and my friend Renee asked me to sign up with her this year because she just turned 40 and has always wanted to do one of these and why not now. But - she was nervous so she wanted to do it with a pro (er me).  I do enjoy bringing the virgins onto the course and find it's a perfect intro to them because I'm not super competitive and have always approached them with more of a fun attitude and usually my little camera.  So - check it.  Most the photos are of Renee of course.  She kicked major ass.  I was so damn proud of her!  I also did all but the wall this year (My knee had started to swell so figured best to skip the wall) and I actually almost finished the rings which I never do!  So - yay me too!
Tully/Melinda and Randy were also joining us.  Those 3 were doing another race in Temecula that weekend so the boys thought it would be fun to do both!  Melinda was our awesome cheerleader!

The Rugged Racers

Tully getting ready to start the Elite Wave.  He took 2nd in his age group - because he's bad ass

Renee ready for her 1st Rugged!

Me ready for my (5th? 6th? Rugged)
Selfie at the start line

1st obstacle - hope over into the start area

While we were waiting for our wave we saw the dude who won.  Bad Ass.
Renee Climbing

Renee Jumping

Renee getting muddy
Tully's dirty shot!

I love that I'm smiling!


Renee getting bonked

She almost made it!
Pro Shot

Renee getting dirty

Jami jumping trenches

Hop

Killed it

Renee not jumping trenches.  Her shoe sole decided to peace out.

Renee emerging from the claustrophobia crawl and loving it!

Monkey Jami
I do love these races....

Monkey Renee

Go Gallo!

Sunburst Renee
Renee decided if these rings are a good idea...


I actually almost finished these!  I was so stoked!

And no...that's not armpit hair...that would be mud


I dug these! It was a new obstacle called Sling Shot, but alot of people had issues with it.  Guess it was just the weirdness of it?  Renee gave it a go but didn't quite get it - yet look at that smile!

Renee Teetering

Renee Tottering

Renee an I lugging our 25 pound bags of sand through water

Renee sliding

Jami Frog Jumping (One of my faves!)

Renee Frog Jumping
Tully Series



Renee jumping over fire
Renee landing


Renee cargo climbing

Jami "Pulling Weight"

Renee "Pulling Weight"


The moment Renee conquered her fear!


Atta Girl!
As you can tell I'm having no fun at all




Finishers!

Randy did a later wave.  Here he comes!
Randy Frog Jumping

Randy on the rings

Randy climbing

Randy trying the wall.  He got it on the 3rd go!
Randy cargo climbing
So damn proud of this girl!

Tully and McCoy!

Rugged Poster Child
Tully took a couple of videos!

As per usual this was a blast!  I love this race because it's the most obstacles in a 5K than any other OCR.  My only complaints were the T-Shirts sucked this time.  So lame and way smaller than the size they say.  And Dr. Bommers wasn't there!  They usually have this rad huge box you get into and get hosed off with soap and water and get free samples!  It's so awesome!  But alas no, they had these stupid little spouts that barely spurt out water, so you really couldn't rinse off all that well after the race.  But other than that - had a great time!  Renee did fantastic!  Bob killed it!  Randy did great!  And I actually did way better than I thought I would!

Stay Rugged!

No comments: