Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Some good dates...

So I felt I should throw out a blog about the very few good dates I actually had via this online hell.

We didn't work out romantically, but it's not that the guys were assholes or anything - we just didn't click.  Just...I don't know...

Remember I'm not very good at this.



So ladies - there is hope for a few good dates at least!

Good date #1: Disney Dude.  He lived in San Diego so that was already a flag, but you never know.  If you really click I think you'll make a distance thing work.  I've seen it done.  I mean think about it, you can be all like "I miss you!!!!"  Lots of creative texting.  You know.



Anywhoo - he had talked about being a Disney fan on his profile so of course I had to promptly give him shit for it.  He invited me to a party in LA, but I wasn't comfortable going somewhere with someone I didn't really know to a party with no one I knew.  I made the suggestion of meeting up beforehand for a drink or something on his way.  He was down.  We jokingly talked about Disneyland and guess where we landed.  Yup.  Totally random.  But a first that's for sure!  Could be a good story?

We met up and ended up spending the whole friggin afternoon, night there.  He skipped his party.  We pretty much just bar/food hopped a bit then went on a few rides near the end of the night.  The thing is - I had a feeling it wasn't going anywhere.  We had a fantastic time.  He's also an actor so there's that. (You non-actor folks may not get it but we usually all just get along).  There were a few things I raised my eyebrow at and he was already hemming and hawwing about the distance so I just had a feeling.  We had great chemistry and had a really fun, awesome long epic date.  It's the only dude I've ever invited back to my place on a 1st date and no we didn't DO THAT!! (Get your mind out of the gutter)



 But we did have fun.  A few days later I sent the "Let's call a spade a spade text" but I went on to say how much I dug him and could we stay in contact as friends? (We also had already Facebooked each too!).  He said I took the words right out of his mouth.  So there it is - a new friend!  And a new friend in the biz.  He's already chatted with me about an audition.  Totally a dude I could see myself hanging out with again.  This hadn't happened yet in the dating world, but I'm really glad it did.

Good Date #2: Weirdly enough, 2 of my better dates came out of Tinder.  This guy we'll call Moby.  He was also another one that lived a bit far, but he came down to meet me for dinner/drinks.  We spent a couple of hours together chatting about life, politics, art and more.  He was very cool and we got along well but just no spark.  I had a feeling it was mutual but I wasn't sure.  I mean we all know how clueless I am with men.



So we ended the evening with kind of an awkward kiss and off he went.  A couple of days later I got the "You're just a bit too far distance wise" text.  I thanked him for actually not ghosting.  I mean this guy actually had balls.  At least not every single man I meet is a coward.  I was starting to wonder.  But again - super cool guy, we had great convo and I would totally go like to an art show or something with him if that ever came about.  Just didn't click romantically.

Good Date #3:  This guy happens to be a Professor at my work.  Look at that!  Local!!!!  We went out a few times.  Super smart guy.  Very passionate, very political.  But again...I just wasn't feeling that click I guess.  I was thinking of going out with him a few more times to see if something got stirred because not a jerk!  But it just didn't happen.  So, I did the "Can we be friends" bit and he seemed down with that.  Because AGAIN - met a new cool guy I'd love to have in my life on a friendship level.  I have a lot of guy friends, so it's not like that's unusual and I guess some of them were dudes we tried to date, didn't work out but stayed friends.  So I guess these good dates turned friends is the same thing?

But anyway - I'm loving that so many of you lovelies have really enjoyed reading about my dating adventures.  If my mis steps can make you laugh - I have done my job.  :)

So here's a good one.  I wanted throw a shout out to these guys in this blog because you're all awesome and thank you for giving me hope that not every man is a total asshole.



No comments: