Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Weekend Smiles...

Sometimes life bites you in the ass.  And sometimes when life bites you in the ass you have a really great weekend to distract you from life biting you in the ass.

Friday night - I didn't want to be home.  Robin and I walked to Cafe Lucca for dinner.  A much needed bestie evening.

Saturday morning - A Sumi Wedding!  Steve Sumi is my dads BFF.  I used to babysit his 3 daughters.  I attended Jenna's wedding a few years back and last Sat I attended Kati's.  Dad couldn't be there but Lori and I were and had a lovely time!  They got married in Santiago Oaks Park followed by a reception at Orange Mining Company.  My heart swelled watching Steve's proud papa face the whole day!

So cute!


Wedding Crashers

Da Girls



Jenna's oldest little angel


Loved the colors!

Lucky 7

We missed Dad!

The woman in the back tho



Such a proud dad!




Love!

Papa! Papa!
Saturday night I chilled with T and Jenn-nay!  I don't get to see Jenny as often as I'd like so it was a lovely evening of wine and conversation.  No pictures but this was me, starving at 11:30pm waiting for my Salmon Taco to nuke.  I can't remember the last time I ate so late.  Tabitha was not amused.

Sunday came the Cut A Thon.  Barbara hosts this event every year, and this year I got mom out on her bike to hit the event and have lunch!


We got to meet little Leo!


How cute is she
We then hit the cemetery and saw that gramma's headstone arrived.  She always loved humming birds so we picked a headstone with one on it.  I'm so happy we did.  She would love it.

Then Shane was in town for 1 night, so we got a little time with him.  I still have not accepted the fact that he and D have moved away :(

A couple of friends joined us at Burger Parlor and was a perfectly lovely evening!

Family all together again!

They gave me my wine (from a tap!) in a pint glass.  WTF.

Mom with squirmy baby Leo

Shane meeting Leo

He's a natural
The crew minus Sarah whose taking the picture


Life may be bumpy sometimes but weekends like this one certainly help you get through it!


No comments: