Sunday, May 8, 2016

Susan & Bobby get binded at Ren Faire 2016...

I haven't been to Faire in a few years but this year my longtime girlfriend Susan was tying the knot - literally - to her love, Bobby.  So I borrowed a costume (Thanks Jill) and came with a fantastic posse.  Amber is a Ren Faire regular and always looks amazing.  Then we had with us a couple of virgins.  Ms. Stacy and my Hamlet - Jeff!  The weather was cool and cloudy and actually started to sprinkle on us a bit when we left.  I drank sangria's all day and ate my fill - steak sandwich, beignets, oh and did I mention sangria?  We wandered the faire, perused the vendors, Jeff took part in the games, we watched the Queens Joust and had an absolutely perfectly fun day!

Our 1st order of buisness was of course The hand fasting ceremony of Susan and Bobby!  If you're not familiar hand fasting is s a historical term for "betrothal" or "wedding". In the Early Modern history of Scotland (16th and 17th centuries), especially in the Hebrides, the term could also refer to a temporary marriage.  Susan is Scottish and it's perfect for Faire where her and Bobby met.  The actual big day will be in 2018 I believe.  

I had a great group and a great time!  See all the fun below!

Our posse!


Amber and Stacy

Hamlet and Ophelia
The ceremony!
(All the pictures close up where you can actually see Susan are taken by my friend Sam!  He took such good ones I had to steal some to add to this blog).


Time to begin!




Mama Liz!
Sword portion.  Always rad.


Yay!







He's a smitten kitten


The guests!


My only moment with a tiny bit of cleavage



Forever Friends




Jeff played the games!








The guy was holding a sign that said Tell Me a Joke.  Jeff didn't hesitate
We watched the joust!

Our flamboyant knight
Yes!  A lady Chancellor!

This little one was signing the whole time.  So cute!!

Sites of the Faire

The Poxy Baggards



Rad

Rad band

Hot man bun guy

Playing a neat flute thing


 We had an absolute blast!!! 


No comments: